rebuild or not rebuild

-

blmopar1

Reaction score
I have a holley 700dbbl pumper manual secondary from an old 340 motor and was thinking of using it on a 318, the question is it has been sitting for about 20 years. Some guys say its garbage they never work right if you rebuild it and some say to rebuild it that it should be fine.I never rebuilt one any help would be great

There are many rebuilding companies in the US, if they didn't work when rebuilt these guys wouldn't be in business. Get a good kit from Holley and some carb cleaner, and use an air compressor to blow out all the passages real good, not a real hard carb to rebuild.
Bruce

I have a holley 700dbbl pumper manual secondary from an old 340 motor and was thinking of using it on a 318, the question is it has been sitting for about 20 years. Some guys say its garbage they never work right if you rebuild it and some say to rebuild it that it should be fine.I never rebuilt one any help would be great
have someone do it for you and itll work just fine. or you can slap it on there and see how she works

Personally I think you would be better off to get a carb that is Vacuum secondary if it is only to be a street 318, but as others have mentioned this is not a hard carb to rebuild. If you do not feel comfortable with your ability to rebuild the carb yourself, find someone to do it for you.

-
Back