Rebuilding a tach

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever rebuilt an aftermarket tach? Yeah I know I can get a new one cheap enough but I’m a cheap ***. This thing went pop on me today and now the needle is pointing straight down and it no longer works.

29448CD1-8D87-4868-B034-49223E23D158.jpeg

Yes but only Factory Stuff. Sorry no help! Best of luck with it and hope you prevail!

Those modern tachs (I have a small autometer) are a different breed. They don't have a conventional D'Arsenval meter that reads to zero and has a magnetic coil. They are a type of stepper motor or something similar. My auto meter, if you rev it up and then kill the power, the needle stops wherever it was revving when you killed the power. Older tachs always drop to zero. I have no idea of the internal circuitry.

Those modern tachs (I have a small autometer) are a different breed. They don't have a conventional D'Arsenval meter that reads to zero and has a magnetic coil. They are a type of stepper motor or something similar. My auto meter, if you rev it up and then kill the power, the needle stops wherever it was revving when you killed the power. Older tachs always drop to zero. I have no idea of the internal circuitry.
Guess we’ll find out together then

-
Back