Not open for further replies.

dpmalibu

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
Professionally rebuilt 340 motor
Come hear it run. Still in car.
Built by legendary engine builder Charlie Weston (from Piscataway,NJ) according to the guy I bought car from.
Block casting # 2780930-340-2. Date code 5-31-72.
Approx 1500-2000 miles.
Mild cam . Smooth idle(couple steps above stock, specs unknown).
"J" casting heads.
2bbl intake/carb.
Runs excellent no smoke, leaks etc.

Asking $1550 B/O

No shipping must pick up. Located in Hatboro,Pa (Philly area)

I have a viseo of it running I can show in person. It is way too long for me to email or attach to this thread.

You sure weren't much for beautification, but that's a good deal on a 340. GLWS

I really have no idea. The guy I bought the car from didn't remember any specifics about the motor

$$1400 firm no less. Motor runs really strong. I can't believe it is still sitting here. Great price for a rebuilt 340.

It's a good price for a CORE with that many parts on it, including the good HP manifolds.

Man. I really don't need this at all, I have a 360 short block and a 408 I'm building but this is a smokin deal. Tempted buy anyway. Can't believe nobody has snagged this up yet.

The manifolds I sold a while ago but it is still a good price. If I had something to put it in I would do that instead but its taking up space and I could use the money for other things . I want somebody to be able to use it then let it sit and collect dust.

It was in a duster circle track car. It was required in the class it ran in. Car was only in a couple of races before car got in an accident.

It was in a duster circle track car. It was required in the class it ran in. Car was only in a couple of races before car got in an accident.

An honest bit of advice-

The value of the engine is hurting due to the 2bll intake and heads. J casting heads are a dime a dozen off any early 360 (been there and done that myself) as well as the unknown cam selection.

From my perspective, I just see a shortblock with unknown internals (what compression ratio or pistons are in it? Was the block decked? How about line bore? Floating pins or pressed pins? Does it even have a windage tray?

No exhaust manifolds lowers the value even more. If you can get some answers to some of the above questions above it might help your sale.

An honest bit of advice-

The value of the engine is hurting due to the 2bll intake and heads. J casting heads are a dime a dozen off any early 360 (been there and done that myself) as well as the unknown cam selection.

From my perspective, I just see a shortblock with unknown internals (what compression ratio or pistons are in it? Was the block decked? How about line bore? Floating pins or pressed pins? Does it even have a windage tray?

No exhaust manifolds lowers the value even more. If you can get some answers to some of the above questions above it might help your sale.

Agreed. Sounds like a real good solid motor. If it were me. I'd pull the heads and intake timing cover etc and get a real good look at everything the you know exactly. Just my two cents. It's more work yes but not a lot more for more piece of mind for you and the potential buyer.

Good luck!

The guy I got the car from didn't have any info except who built it. I heard it run before I bought it and even took a video of it running before I pulled it. Unfortunately the video is too long for me to upload on here or to email it so if you are not local to me you won't be able to see it. Thanks for the suggestions but I am not tearing apart a good running motor just to see what is in it. It's your run of the mill bone stock 340 with a cast crank and J heads with a mild cam and a couple of races on it. No street miles. I over estimated the mileage just to be on the safe side. If any body is interested send me a pm if not if you have any other helpful hints send a pm. Some of the suggestions/ opinions are not helping me sell it either. I think it is priced pretty fairly compared to some of the other junk motors that don't run or need to be rebuilt I have seen out there. I don't think you can build a 340 for this price. You are not going to break land speed records with this motor but it will be a nice street motor in a Dart.

Thanks again to all who responded

Your price is more than fair for a running 340 engine. I've seen junk in pieces and not all there on Ebay listed for more. If I didn't already have an engine set up I would own it. Pretty simple 4 bbl manifold and carb switch and look what anybody could have for a couple or three hundred bucks more. I still can't believe it hasn't sold at that price.

sounds pretty strange a circle racer knows he has to run a 2bbl..on a motor that neverr came from the factory with a 2bbl,, and he doesnt know the internals ?? roundy round cam will be differnt then a street car cam, ,may have even be de-stroked,, why are u selling it???

I am selling it becuase I could use the money for other things, Not going to get around to using this motor any time soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back