Rebuilt 727, no Reverse

-
Did you check the low reverse servo piston? Many times they stick or are broken in the bore? The seals get torn etc. Very common on an older trans, the case bore wears. The fix is a HD billet servo piston. But you may have other issues.

Take an easy drive and take of in 1st with the shifter in LOW, left of the gas, do you have engine breaking in manual low???

I need to know a couple things first.

Does it have 3rd?

Does it move forward in neutral?

and lastly if you pull it into 1st gear manually do you get compression braking when letting off the the throttle (still keeping it in 1st) ?

OK so with a MVB does it have an engine braking low? If not 1st those are kinda dangerous, but drive it and let us know to what G Jones asked. Could be several things buddy.

If no 3rd no reverse uses same clutch stack, but I have seen weak 3rds and no R as a result of masive pressure loss onthe servo. MVBs run much higher pressue in most all cases and I have broken more than 1/2 dozen of the pistons, ripped seals etc.

Who makes the VB?

ok,
1. does not move forward in nutral
2. valve body does not have engine braking
3. 1st, 2nd & 3rd all work good.

Reverse band is not applying then. it is a VB issue , strut support or strut, severly loose band adjustment or servo issue for reverse band.

Agreed, the rear band is not applying for whatever reason. I'd look at the adjustment, make sure the struts are in correctly then move to the servo. I doubt the valve body would cause it unless you left something out of it or modified it incorrectly.

can he adjust the rev band with out taking it apart.?????

Yes you need to pull the pan to adjust it, and then all parts can be inspected too. You can even fix servo issues in the car, the tail shaft can be pulled, the strut pin removed and servo and band strut issues resolved.

I have also seen several times the strut parts put into the case incorrectly as well and then the band wont apply.

-
Back