Rebuilt engine, bent push rods?

-
Well, I wasn't able to figure it out, so next Wednesday I'm having it towed to the builder. Also, anyone know where to get a starter for a 73 Duster that is built right and won't do weird **** like Carquest's do? I think this is the 3rd or 4th starter I'm probably going to have to replace.
Thanks for all the suggestions, though- If I was a little more exp. I probably would have gotten it fixed.

So after the engine builder took the head off, he discovered somethin really weird...the entire interior of the engine is coated in some strange substance similar to some really really bad gas. On most of the interior of the engine it has hardened to almost a glass-like consistency. Neither of us can figure out what it is or where it came from...got any ideas?
Thanks.
Oh, the reason he took the head off in the 1st place is because we noticed that one of the valves was sticking intermittently.

Sounds like the old sugar in the gas tank to me.... you haven't made anyone mad have you? j/k

I don't have the slightest idea what it could be. Pictures say a thousand words. lol

rebuilt engines
<b>Posted by steeringche</b>
The ones you ought to consider are the ester based ones - Fuchs Pro S, Redline, Motul 300V, Millers CFS or Gulf Competition. They last a lot longer than other oils on track and give better protection. Lee, Rock oil is a basic option and although it's cheap, it really isn't very good. You'd be better off using one of the ester oils and getting the full use out of it (roughly 10 solid hours of track use). Even if the Rock oil is changed every session, the ester oils will be giving better protection even after several hours of use.

Where can I get a salvage unit cheap?

Also check the rocker shaft. Make sure its installed correctly. It only oils one way. Had mine backwards and it bent pushrods.

many years ago I bought an old motorhome that had sat for years...get got it running...

you could smell the rotten gas...the rotten gas seized intake valves...and yes..it bent pushrods...

-
Back