[WANTED] Rebuilt or rebuildable slant head wanted.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

CraziFuzzy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a '67-74 head that has recently been rebuilt or is a suitable core to do so with. Pulled the head off the 170 in my daughter's van and a couple seats are cracked. In so cal. Her first vehicle and she hasn't even gotten to drive the thing yet, so Dad is here looking to make her happy.
:(

Only problem is, slant sixes never came with seat inserts. If the seats are cracked, it's likely the head is also.

This head was already at the machine shop. Was already going to have them put new hardened seats in, but the cracks are too deep on two of the valves.

there's a /6 in a 73 val at Sana Fe Springs pick your part.

if you strike out on a head, you might have better luck just getting a whole motor. it'll be more money, but it seems like completes come up more than pieces.

if you strike out on a head, you might have better luck just getting a whole motor. it'll be more money, but it seems like completes come up more than pieces.
Thanks for that. Might be worth pulling that whole engine if I can get a crew to go down there. LKQ's site is horrible for older parts, can't search older than like 95.

I have several rebuildable core heads, but I'm in Georgia. So that's quite the distance.

Thank you for the tip. We were able to get down there and recover the head. After a lot of cleaning, it looks like it will be workable after some grinding, so fingers crossed!

Thank you for the tip. We were able to get down there and recover the head. After a lot of cleaning, it looks like it will be workable after some grinding, so fingers crossed!
awesome! happy that worked out for you and was glad to help in even a small way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back