rebulding ques 727

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
Ok im going to have a friend rebuild my 727 trans. Im pretty sure its a stock trans but i want to build it up a little. I want one that with stand 500hp. what stock parts should i replace? I no i want a shift kit to and i got good torque converter

whats a reverse valve body do? i hear that alot when people talk about there built trans

the pattern is reversed.... P R D 2 1 is standard..

P R 1 2 3 is a revered valve body...and they are manual shifted....meaning if you are in
1st the trans does not upshift until you move the shifter to 2nd....

and you might need a aftermarket shifter with a reverse valve body

A 500 hp capable 727 is easy. Rebuild totally meaning all new clutch plates, steel plates, bands, bushings, thrust washers and any worn/damaged hard parts. Set the clearances properly meaning a lot tighter than the ridiculously loose factory clearances. Use 4 pinion gear sets. Install a Trans-go shift kit like Tony mentioned and your there. Oh yeah, install a bolt in rear sprague for safety.

If your friend doesn't know torqueflites real well buy this book.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Torqueflite--727-Transmission-Handbook-HP1399/dp/1557883998/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296193127&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Torqueflite A-727 Transmission Handbook HP1399: How to Rebuild or Modify Chrysler's A-727 Torqueflite for All Applications (0075478013999): Carl Munroe: Books[/ame]

It has a ton of great info on how to build a perf. torqueflite including high performance clearance specifications.

-
Back