Received copy of the IBM card for 65 Barracuda from FCA today. Questions?

-

Hopeto

Reaction score
I received a copy of the IBM card from FCA today along with the following letter that states both: "The original selling dealer code was not in our files." and "At this time, we are unable to offer a full decoding of your build card due to projects and limited staff within the archives." The good news is that they returned my $55 check. Does anyone have any input to help in decoding anything that we didn't decode previously (in another post Thanks for the add - New purchase) or with the dealer # 92734? I'm including the fender tag I previously posted in case it helps. What are everyone's thoughts on submitting to Govier for additional info? Worth it? BTW, I still haven't found the build sheet. Thanks in advance, Jimmy

65cudaibm4.jpg

65cudafcaletter1.jpg

65cudatag.jpg

With the IBM card and the data tag, it should be fairly easy to decode the options without going to the high priced Mr Govier! For example I do know right off hand that under the AB-31 is the 273/235 engine, the 2 under the C indicates Formula S, the D3 should be a 4 speed and E5 would be heater. If under the E was a 1, that would indicate integrated heater/AC and IIRC the V3 is AM radio. I'd have to dig out my reference materials for the rest,

The five digit code for a 'dealer' is not always a dealership. The 90000 series are typically internal Chrysler. Could be a lease car, rental car, etc. etc. but for some reason it was delivered when new to one of their own departments.

Once their intended use was fulfilled, the cars could have been assigned to a dealership to sell or auctioned off at a dealers only auction.

Wow I didn't even know this was possible

Interesting if it was some sort of internal use vehicle as several folks "think" that the 6 under the 7 in the top row of the fender tag refers to some sort of buffed paint or show car finish.

Dealer Code 92734 is Chrysler Motors. The 34 is/was Newark. Not sure if it was New Jersey or Delaware. I do know it was a Northeast regional zone office.

Just looked at a Dealer Code list that I am compiling and found out it's Newark, NJ and it was in the Eastern Area. In 1989 it was not a Regional zone office.

-
Back