Received long awaited 1965 build record from Chrysler Historical

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I finally got back my build record from Chrysler Historical. I was strongly disappointed. I can't believe I paid that much. I communicated before I decided to order but wasn't told that it would be totally illegible. I've got part of the broadcast sheet that was under the seat but it's so torn and chunks missing I can't get much out of it. I'm wondering how come it appears different than the build record on file. The one Chrysler had on file has the computer hole punches and the original one I have is just typed. Do all those hole punches mean something? The only good thing is that it said where it was originally sold. Has anyone else had better luck on their build card? It's still cool to have just disppointed in how totally illegible it was. If I knew it was unreadable I probably wouldn't have ordered it for the price.

I got the one for my 65 ten years a go. It was un readable. The person who photo copied it didn't close the lid, Black background. Fussy lettering. I was not happy and complained they did nothing. I wont wasted my money with them ever again. If they would have said there was a chance this would happen I could have accepted the way it is.

My copy that I found in my car was different that the chrysler copy. It must have been two different copys.

I got one for my 66. The IBM Card is fuzzy and hard to read. They used the card to run through a reader and populate fields on a computer...not sure what the whole process was. I used IBM Cards when I first went in the Air Force in 1984.

The Production Record where they decipher the IBM Card has great info. It tells the dealer where it was first sold, the ship date, and a bunch of options. For me, it was worth the $45.

I laminated it so it has a little glare.

Attachments

• Production Record 66 Barracuda.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 124
Mine was like that too. The one they had on file was probably readable to them or otherwise there would've been no need to keep them on file. It was a horrible copy. I was mainly going to use the info to get a proper window sticker made from window-sticker.com but I can't get ahold of anyone there. I don't even know if they would reprint a 1965 window-sticker because it's not on there list but I had them do one for my 1973 Charger eventhough it wasn't listed either and they were able to remake it.

I'm planning (one day) to have a replacement fender tag made. The MMCDetroit website asks for pictures of a bunch of items on the car and, if you have it, the information from Chrysler Historical. So at least it will be good to have when I order a new fender tag from them!!!

-
Back