Recent pics

-

hellion_locdogg

Slant Sickness
Reaction score
So here are some updated pics of my car. This was after a long weekend of suspension instalation (FFI tubular UCA, FFI LCA greasable pivot pins for urethane bushings, FFI .940 t-bars and FFI lowering leaf mounts). I still need to install my rear sway bar and have the alignment done and FFI tie rods installed.
I'm also in the tuning stage of my built /6 and realize I need to get much more air flow. I have detuned my Eddy 500AVS to accommodate my 9x2 air cleaner, which is all I could fit height wise.

newfront.jpg

newrear.jpg

Already tried a few on, they hit the hood. I think a large enough diameter plenum with a big open air filter will do plenty. I just dont have the height for anything. Looked at some large 15x8x2 ovals that may fit though.

Already tried a few on, they hit the hood. I think a large enough diameter plenum with a big open air filter will do plenty. I just dont have the height for anything. Looked at some large 15x8x2 ovals that may fit though.

were they drop bases? cuz with a 2" in element and a drop base of 1.250 there is only 3/4" above the carb opening... if that wont fit i doubt that spectra thing will...

Are there really THAT many purists around here? lol Still glad I didn't build it like everyone else. lol

I didn't think you were dogging me anyway. lol And no it was a gallon I had around. It was a cover up job, all the dents, dings and flaws were between those two body lines. It's hot rod flat with uv in it. How was the track??? :)

I didn't think you were dogging me anyway. lol And no it was a gallon I had around. It was a cover up job, all the dents, dings and flaws were between those two body lines. It's hot rod flat with uv in it. How was the track??? :)

next month... june 4th...

End of July should be the end of this hellish sched and by then she should run like a raped ape.

Cliff, I like what you have one. Ever think about doing what memike did? Using a cai from a Jeep Cherokee?

I would like the cold air, but I bought a 14" filter w filter lid for now, we''ll see if that helps.

Like I said it still needs alignment, but as is it rides really nice. I think I did just right with the .940 bars. Front and rear move up and down in unison on rolling dips instead of the front diving and bounding up. And as low as it is(3/4" to bump) I dont think I've hit a bump stop yet thanks to my bars and KYBs.

Like I said it still needs alignment, but as is it rides really nice. I think I did just right with the .940 bars. Front and rear move up and down in unison on rolling dips instead of the front diving and bounding up. And as low as it is(3/4" to bump) I dont think I've hit a bump stop yet thanks to my bars and KYBs.

I can't remember didn't you put 3 SU carbs on.

-
Back