Rechrome

-

hamsterhats

Reaction score
Is 350 per bumper in the ballpark or is this guy trying to rape me?

I've called a few places and thats seems to be the quote I get, which sucks cuz I can get a brand new 67 cuda bumper from year one for 290 shipped.

They go for around $280-$350 depending on the price of nickel, very expensive and ever fluctuating nickel market.

If you're gonna get them rechromed anyways, and a new one costs $90, and you're getting charged $350, why not go with a new one and then scrap your old one.

Wouldn't that make more sense?

if you can get a chromed bumper for $90 i'd say it would last maybe what three weeks before it started to peel and fade.

I used Chrome atlanta in marietta, did a great job, charged me about $320 per bumper.

All depends of whos doing the rechroming..i had the front and rear bumpers on my '70 duster done 3 years ago for $255.00 each by Tri-city plating bumpers still look show quality,then again i've seen bumpers done by others not so nice..

I would get the originals rechromed if they`re still in good shape. OEM stuff always seems to be better than the repro garbage. I had a pair for my Dart done at Tri-City, I think it was $650 for the pair. I also had a pair done for my Barracuda by Hanlon Plating of Richmond, Va.. The pair was $480 but that was about 5 years ago now.

That's a fair price, go ahead and get it done, it's an expensive process only going to get more expensive due to EPA regulations, metal prices, and fewer places doing plating.

That quote is pretty close to what I paid for mine...70 Duster.

I installed Repop bumpers on a 69 charger and they didn't fit very well!!!

i have not heard of any place in last 2 years rechroming a bumper for less than 350 each ..
Some guys i know used Bumper Boys out of state .. but they suggest waiting till they are at a show near you to pick and choose the one you want ( some had small flaws ).
They will chrome yours or trade with yours + cash....
Does anybody know of a place in Michigan that does a NICE job rechroming bumpers?

I got a quote today on straightening and re-chroming the bumpers on the 73. $225 for the front, $235 for the rear. Those prices are with the bumper stripped off the car and all accessories removed. Lifetime guarantee against pit and peel. No warranty against impacts and jack slips.

Quality Bumper Service of DFW, Inc.
1155 South Haskell
Dallas, TX 75223
[email protected]

Thats CHEAP! I wonder how much it would cost me to ship mine to Texas???

I had both my bumpers redone about 20 years ago for my satellite $575 total. They did a great job, and if I remember correctly, chroming is a 3 stage process, copper, nickel and chrome. Make sure you ask whoever is doing it if they do all 3 steps. Some companies dont do all 3.

-
Back