Recognize these BB headers?

-

Badart

Reaction score
They are listed as Davis Competition Headers? Rail headers maybe? Never heard of them.

Attachments

• Headers.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 436
  • Headers2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 427
  • Headers3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 408
If they are what I think they are then they are Jack Davis stepped headers. These are drag racing headers that are quite expensive to buy. A lot of the time these are custom made for a customer depending on what his combination is.

Looks like these ?

snakes1.jpg

I run these on my 62 Plymouth. The big loop exits the fender well and wraps the "frame" coming back in to the collector. Three piece on each side, with the two center cylinders together and the end cylinders individual. Mine are 2.25" at the head and drop to 2.125". These came with my pile when I bought it years back but never knew what brand they were.. They look awsome in the engine bay

coverleft.jpg

Thanks everyone. Someone has them listed locally for $150. I might just pick them up for the heck of it.

Yes. Look at the routing of the front tube between the two.

Yup, you're right, I didn't catch that. The other three look very similar but that front is definitely routed different. The OP's also look a bit smaller in OD? They still look very similar - maybe the same brand just a different set up.

The rear most cylinders (7&8) on mine go through the fender well (like the OP's headers) and wrap the frame. Since mine are also stepped I am guessing they might be the Jack Davis variety? (Sorry to hijack the thread here Badart but I've been wondering what brand mine were for some time too :))..

No worries at all Stumper. So how did you come across yours? Did you have to cut them up to work or were they designed for an a body?

No worries at all Stumper. So how did you come across yours? Did you have to cut them up to work or were they designed for an a body?

Mine came with the car when I first bought it. They fit right in fine - albeit a bit tight at spots. Obviously holes need to be made at the inner fender wells and I had to flatten the underside of the #7 tube to keep it from rubbing on the steering shaft. I've had motor plates from day one so not sure if there would be an issue with OEM motor mounts or not. My only regret is not having had them ceramic coated the last time they were out of the car. They would look a whole lot better..

-
Back