Recommend me a 727 rebuild kit

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
My brother and I are rebuilding a big block 727. Looking for a complete stock rebuild kit, no racing. Will use red clutches and kolene steels.

What kit has every seal, bushing, rings, and clutch bands included? Who would I buy from?

IMG_6011.jpeg

IMG_6012.jpeg

IMG_6015.jpeg

IMG_6017.jpeg

IMG_6014.jpeg

Transparts Warehouse has different kits available. Prices are good and get all the parts you need.

I would just use a stock kit from Transtar and choose whichever shift kit for the valve body you want.

Chris Andrews is not only a member of the forum, but offers great technical advice, won't sell you anything you don't need and is competitive price wise. he'll also get you the right stuff the first time. he'd be my first call.

Chris Andrews is not only a member of the forum, but offers great technical advice, won't sell you anything you don't need and is competitive price wise. he'll also get you the right stuff the first time. he'd be my first call.
Yea that’s what I was hoping for. I’ve ordered one of those ‘master’ rebuild kits before for a 904 from summit and it just didn’t have EVERY single item. It was close, but I needed a few different snap rings, a couple bushings here and there that it didn’t have, and 3 or 4 piston rings it didn’t have for the various items in the trans. It really postponed the build, kind of a PITA to locate each little individual parts I needed it didn’t have.

On a good note, I did a preliminary cleaning of everything and organized.

IMG_6033.jpeg

I just got home from WIT with a pretty good size pile of parts for a 46re.... Not counting the parts I have been cubby-holing from feebay since it croaked. The front of the 46re is pretty much a 727..... I put a junkyard one in there and got a whole measly 3 months out of that one.... Just the fluid cost me $135 when I put that one in there.... And $28 to o'wrongleys for just a damn filter ..lots of cash out on that junkyard unit that was like lighting a pile of cash on fire.... Now I'm doing it over, this time I'm rebuilding the original to go back in.
I like $5 and change better on the filters. (I got extra filters while I was there)
I haven't opened up the "Pizza box" yet but their label on the box is pretty non descript...
This will be the first time for me using WIT.
The guys there were definitely alot of help.

Individually by line the prices they charged me were great compared to what I've seen elsewhere online.
I just hope their "junk" holds up.

I asked what the difference was with "red alto" or "kolene" parts and the guy said "just preference". Made no effort to "push" those when I asked.... I have 2 guys I know who told me to put it under their name and the first one they definitely recognized but "oh he hasn't bought anything for 2 years" so he set me up with an account of my own.
EDIT I just opened my kit, comments above about *junk" I said it trying to be funny. Don't take it wrong.
But I just opened it and I was happy to see the clutches and steels being raybestos and most importantly "MADE IN USA" which definitely makes me feel good... Rostra solenoids also USA..... It's about time

Last edited:
Got it together. Wanna thank everyone for the recommendations.

Thank you Chris for putting together a complete kit for me.

On my way home with it right now. LOL I’ll have it installed by tomorrow night.

IMG_6113.jpeg

IMG_6114.jpeg

IMG_6115.jpeg

-
Back