Reaction score
70 Dart
Factory Kelsey hayes discs
Pirate Jack rear disc kit
my plan is to get a Modern 4 wheel disk cylinder, add adjustable proportioning
Valves to front and rear lines
Yes i know that Sound excessive, Im
Setting up for Road Racing. ill put front and rear brake pressure gauges inside
So that I can adjust the braking for the specific course , least stopping distance etc

Factory sway bar
Offset moog Upper control bushings
PST 1.03 torsion bars
PST. 16 to1 manual box
Gas shocks

I use later masters such as this one. This one is an 1-1/16" bore. Dr Diff sells a 15/16" bore. I just tee the front lines and an adjustable valve for the rears.
upload_2022-5-23_8-14-52.jpeg

Whats your set up ?
73-76 factory discs ?
67-72 factory Kelsey Hayes ?
Aftermarket ?

Rear discs ??

I have the 73-up factory fronts with the 11.75 rotors.
MBM rear disc.
Will probably be changing to Wilwoods and put this setup on another car.
Flaming River 16.1 manual box. Setup for street and road track like yours.

I run DoctorDiff's 15/16" on my Duster and my Challenger. Duster has been set up with 11.75" 73+ disks and 11x2.5" rear drums with that master cylinders, and currently runs 13" Doctor Diff cobra style front disks with DoctorDiff 11.7" rear disks. The Challenger currently has the 11.75" front disks and 11x2.5" rear drums.

The 15/16" master cylinder is the way to go. Pedal effort isn't too heavy, the slightly longer stroke allows for better braking control/modulation without being too long of a stroke to put you in danger of putting the pedal on the floor.

I have the 73-up factory fronts with the 11.75 rotors.
MBM rear disc.
Will probably be changing to Wilwoods and put this setup on another car.
Flaming River 16.1 manual box. Setup for street and road track like yours.

Which Wilwoods?

Honestly I wouldn't do Wilwood anything for the price. I have the DoctorDiff 13" Viper kit I will be swapping onto my Duster, the 13" cobra style kit I run now was only a minor improvement compared to the 11.75's I had on there before. The other option would be to contact the guy at Invincible Extremes Muscle Car Garage that does the brackets for the GT500 calipers, you can get anything from 13" to 15" rotors that I've seen so far.

I run DoctorDiff's 15/16" on my Duster and my Challenger. Duster has been set up with 11.75" 73+ disks and 11x2.5" rear drums with that master cylinders, and currently runs 13" Doctor Diff cobra style front disks with DoctorDiff 11.7" rear disks. The Challenger currently has the 11.75" front disks and 11x2.5" rear drums.

The 15/16" master cylinder is the way to go. Pedal effort isn't too heavy, the slightly longer stroke allows for better braking control/modulation without being too long of a stroke to put you in danger of putting the pedal on the floor.

Which Wilwoods?

Honestly I wouldn't do Wilwood anything for the price. I have the DoctorDiff 13" Viper kit I will be swapping onto my Duster, the 13" cobra style kit I run now was only a minor improvement compared to the 11.75's I had on there before. The other option would be to contact the guy at Invincible Extremes Muscle Car Garage that does the brackets for the GT500 calipers, you can get anything from 13" to 15" rotors that I've seen Sound like

Which Wilwoods?

Honestly I wouldn't do Wilwood anything for the price. I have the DoctorDiff 13" Viper kit I will be swapping onto my Duster, the 13" cobra style kit I run now was only a minor improvement compared to the 11.75's I had on there before. The other option would be to contact the guy at Invincible Extremes Muscle Car Garage that does the brackets for the GT500 calipers, you can get anything from 13" to 15" rotors that I've seen so far.
I haven't decided yet. I've done a lot of Wilwoods and have a bunch of their crap in one of my semi trailers so I won't be going out and buying a setup. My friend is building a 72 Cuda road race car and just installed Cass's Viper setup. It's pretty slick. I'll check out the GT500 setup. I'm looking for lighter unspring weight.

These are the prototypes of the MBM rear disc. I helped them design the Mopar setup and they gave these to me.
upload_2022-5-23_15-26-23.jpeg

-
Back