Recommendations for new A body fuel tank and hardware

-

HotRod20

Reaction score
Im going to replace the fuel tank in my 72 Scamp. Can anyone recommend a good reproduction gas tank that fits nice? This all started with a leaking reproduction sending unit, repro O ring. and repro tank Lock ring. Fitment was sloppy and leaked fuel if I had more than 1/2 tank of gas. Lock ring was tight, but fitment was sloppy. Any recommendation would be appreciated. I only want to pull the tank and stop the leaks once.Thanks :)
HotRod20

No need to pull the tank.

Get a second sender gasket and put 2 on, and properly tighten the lock ring.

Better yet get an oem lock ring. And 2 gaskets

I bought and installed the Spectra CR11E - Very Nice- Fit perfect

Oh, and I bought the matching sender. The price was very reasonable

Thanks everyone, I pulled the tank for an overall inspection due to it being original.
I appreciate the recommendations.. Thanks again :)
HotRod20

TF360... Can you recommend a vendor for that Spectra tank.. i need one for my 73 Duster.. best price?

Yea, Mad Dog. Google it. I picked up one from a online parts place-1AAuto

I used a Spectra in my car, good quality and fits right, comes with a gasket, plus I bought a new sending unit, which also included a new gasket.

I Got a Tanks unit from Summit. Fitment is great and its powder coated silver for a lasting finish.
Happy with the fitment. Id recommend it, even though its made offshore. Reuse your old factory
lock ring for the sending unit. The cheap one they send you doesn't tighten snugly or seal well.
Thanks to everyone for their opinions. Heres a picture of the tank installed,and part number.

HotRod20

A body gas tank 1.jpg

A body gas tank 2.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back