Record price for ashtray!!!

-

Hartman-52

Hartman-52
Reaction score
#-o
Well, I've seen it all now. Some dude paid $615.00 bucks for an ashtray on eBay!! Hell, I think I'm parting out my 1970 Dart Swinger since it's probably worth a million in pieces. Check out this eBay link below. I can use this to show and explain to my wife "See honey, I only paid $650.00 for my entire new TTI exhaust pipe system".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190070050133

Proof positive theres a sucker born every moment and theres one now. I'm not sure that it was the bidder, but the guy paying the bidder to restore his car could be an answer. Then again, some peopele have pockets so deeeeeeep.

I cant believe this? whats worse? the fact that some dueche paid that much or that there were 9 bids to get that high.. HAHA
SOME PEOPLE.. geez.. ebay, dueche bags..

Y'all are crazy. The box is worth that...after all it's an NOS part for an E body. Just the idiot's braggin rights are worth at least $700. No wonder Hemi Cuda's are bringing hundreds of thousands of dollars.

4mulaSvaliant said:
Damn and I felt like an A$$ for paying 86.00 for an A body console. LOL good lord!

Man I wish I could find one for that price.....

I just got a real nice one for my girlfriends 72 scamp today from ebay for 5 bucks. It must be nice to have an extra $615 laying around to drop on a friggin ashtray.

$600 because its NOS. To bad once he puts it in the car its becomes used and is now worth $5

I sorta get it actually. I mean, when was the last time you saw a Mopar ashtray that had never been smoked in, scratch free, dent free, gum free, dirt free? You can't really put a price on it.

If you've got a 6 figure car and all your missing is the NOS ashtray, 600 bucks is cheap!

I dont get why you guys dont think this ashtray isn't worth $615.00.It is NOS,for a Hemi Cuda.You dont see those all the time.I think it is totally worth it.

On a serious note :wack:

oh boy !!, thats terrible wish I was the one who sold it :)

Ok, ok it depends.... was it a street hemi ashtry or the ultra-rare RACE hemi ashtry? You see, it makes a difference!

"A fool and his $ are always welcome" - W.C. Fields

Well, the fact that it was new, never used is kind of nice...

in perfect condition...

It would be a terrible, terrible shame the first time someone puts a cigarette out in a $600 ashtray though.

Ebay what a joke I saw people paying 100's for one worn out cragar ss a month ago with the 4" pattern. Place makes no sense, could changed axles etc for less. Ebay is kinda a low dollar barret jackson place. I saw a hemi clone cuda sell for 300k on barret. WHY? Numbers did not match. rich people... no sense of pride, ownership and common sense.

See I like to work hard for my $$ and it takes time to get things and time to fix your ride. But man does it feel great when you get it like you want with sweat equity.

Most all people on our "A" body board are filled with common sense and have a great sense of self pride and ownership.

I am glad to be a member of an elite crowd.

Mopar or nocar! :headbang:

65s said:
I sorta get it actually. I mean, when was the last time you saw a Mopar ashtray that had never been smoked in, scratch free, dent free, gum free, dirt free? You can't really put a price on it.

If you've got a 6 figure car and all your missing is the NOS ashtray, 600 bucks is cheap!

The Ash tray from my Scamp looks brand new, never ashed in, no gum. I'll take $350 for it.

Ebay ain't that bad. If you shop around first for a part you need, you can get an idea of how much you would pay from somewhere else liek the paddock, year one, or a salvage yard, then go to ebay and know how much you should absolutely pay before it becomes a more intelligent move to shop somewhere else.

I got almost new door panels for my 4 door for less than 12 bucks. It also helps on occasion to try and find the auctions that were listed with typos and no one else sees.

but if you have been lookin for one part for a long time, can find no suitable part, you would be willing to pay a lot to get that one part, whether it be an ashtray or a center console, or whatever you need.

-
Back