Red 1968 Barracuda Fastback at the Royal Oak Mi. estate sale.

-

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
Did any of you Michigan members happen to go to the estate sale in Royal Oak on the 16th or 17th? There was a red 1968 Barracuda fastback there up for grabs and I was wondering if it was a real Formula S car and if the motor on the pallet was in fact a 340 and if it was was it the original 340 that belonged to the car, the ad just said rebuilt motor? I was not available to go, wish I was but just curious if anyone paid attention to it and might have put a bid in on it or might know what it went for.
Thanks
Bob

This one? Appears to be the real deal.

1708361106951.png

1708362381965.png

1708362395430.png

1708361188144.png

1708361292688.png

1708361267396.png

1708361317240.png

1708361236811.png

1708361210594.png

1708361160753.png

Last edited:
Would have been nice to know about. I also am curious as to what it went for. Even in it's need for reassembly it would have been nice to have. I love the fact it's a 4sp.

My dream car.

FB
4 Speed
AC

So based on the number of members here in Michigan who have responded (0) I think it would be safe to say that either no one went or even knew about this car. Just for ***** and giggles let's say you went to this estate sale and checked this car out and found it to be "the real deal" and everything matched what kind of an offer would you have put in? I myself thought if I was going to put in an offer it would be about $18,000, does that sound about right? Also Thank You A56 for the pictures.
Bob

Last edited:
I think considering the cars rarity and overall condition with a/c and rear air defogger plus the obvious motor and trans. 18k would be a steal regardless of having to assemble what appears to be many of the original pieces on the shelf.

So based on the numbers of members here in Michigan who have responded (0) I think it would be safe to say that either no one went or even knew about this car. Just for ***** and giggles let's say you went to this estate sale and checked this car out and found it to be "the real deal" and everything matched what kind of an offer would you have put in? I myself thought if I was going to put in an offer it would be about $18,000, does that sound about right? Also Thank You A56 for the pictures.
Bob

Depends on condition of body and documentation.

But you have no idea of motor condition. So that will need to come apart. It came out for a reason, but you don't know why. Typically people don't take perfect running stuff apart.

If it had numbers block, fender tag and buildsheet I think that $18K would be fair for buyer and seller. Not a steal. But it's a car that you want and can inspect in person without transportation costs. So that's a plus factor for you.

A 68 340 4-spd Coupe was bought out of MI a couple years ago for around 19K. Slow to sell. It was black, low miles, all docs, not very messed with, and complete. Coupe's go for less than fastbacks, but coupe's condition was nicer.

That red estate car done would top out around $40-45K. And the paint and body for that alone will be near $15K-20K.

Last edited:
Well according to the auction house it was sold, however they wouldn't reveal the price. The owner is picking it up today, so we'll see .................

A car I would kill for ......
Also a car I won't be able to touch in this lifetime

Very rare car 340 4 spd w/ac red fastback. Car looked super nice in pictures. Someone loved and cherished that car.

Small price to pay.

...and that's what FABO is for :)

So we know steering column is missing no where to be found doesn't come with that car? Sellers have no clue where it is missing not there? Is that a fact we know what is and what is not there? My guess is no one here knows what is and is not there laying around in a pile somewhere?

According to the lady from the auction house that sold the car the new owner may reveal his ownership on a mopar forum. Her words, not mine.

Ashes to Beauty Estate Sales

Last edited:
Wow I am surprised that you were able to get anything out of her, when I called them she was just a cranky old lady who told me that the sale was private and she would not give out any information about it. I must have caught her on that special day of the month. If anyone happens to see anything about it on any of the other forums Please post it.

Last edited:
Wow I am surprised that you were able to get anything out of her, when I called them she was just a cranky old lady who told me that the sale was private and she would not give out any information about it. I must have caught her on that special day of the month. If anyone happens to see anything about it on any of the other forums Please post it.
lol, she may have been on the receiving end of multiple inquiries. After all, regardless of some opinions that was probably a steal.:D

So we know steering column is missing no where to be found doesn't come with that car? Sellers have no clue where it is missing not there? Is that a fact we know what is and what is not there? My guess is no one here knows what is and is not there laying around in a pile somewhere?
I was at the Macomb WPC swap meet and approached by one of the auction officials and told about the Estate sale and was told about the missing steering column he said that they looked for the column and couldn’t find it anywhere.

That car would be interesting enough just on the possibility. A red '68 fastback 340 S 4-speed? That maybe one of those one in a lifetime finds. No sin bidding $20k.

I was at the Macomb WPC swap meet and approached by one of the auction officials and told about the Estate sale and was told about the missing steering column he said that they looked for the column and couldn’t find it anywhere.
Got ya so next buyer gonna have to find another column which yeah they aren't exactly growing on trees....

-
Back