Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
Talk about short route piping. This is the passenger side cold pipe. Itll have one bov on it and just the 2 couplers. The other side will be almost as short but has a little but different of a path to it.
2rze96r.jpg

I also picked up the last 6an fitting for the oil feed line. I thought I had em all but was one short.

I got two sections of the flexible "exhaust repair" piping so I can attach it each downpipe and dumptube and aim them towards the ground properly.

I grabbed one last 2.5" coupler today too since I missed counter there by 1 as well. Gotta love the speed shop at pep boys.

These also showed up in the mail too. They're going to go on my catch cans.
whbm37.jpg

Since it's time to renew the registration. I've been thinking about this plate...what do you guys think?
xf9n9e.jpg

Well I got my couplers in the mail today. I got the two pipes done and verified they connect as intended. They're both taped up and couplers installed as well. Still have to decide on wastegate placement.
2iszkig.jpg

xndkep.jpg

28u5xdd.jpg

I also have to hit the pepboys speed shop and get a 2.5" 45 degree coupler. It will help direct the last in pipe as needed. Here u can see where it will come out of the compressor cover and then the 45 will guide it a safe distance away from the dumptube of the wastegate, then it'll go through the fender and down and back around to the intercooler.
2wncyo9.jpg

Well I got some door trim to outline the cuts to try and clean things up a bit. Here was the aftermath. I think it looks alot better than the raw cut fender. Hopefully it doesnt melt. If it does I'll find something else to use on it.
fyphrn.jpg

Today I also got the last intercooler pipe mocked up, and marked. So now all 3 pipes are marked and ready for drop off to the welder tomorrow. Here is the path the passenger side will take. Its essentially totally a 45 out of the compressor then a series of 3 90 degree bends down into the intercooler.
hwl54g.jpg

Well I was expecting to drop the intercooler pipes off and pick them up tomorrow welded. Buttttttt he called and said they were all good to go at about 2. So I grabbed them up and after checking out a few of their cars on site and headed back to the storage unit to work on the Dart.

I got the passenger side one installed completely from turbo to intercooler and then threw the BOV on there as well. The 3 inch pipe from the intercooler up to the intake manifold is attached as well.
14niw00.jpg

14oaeiv.jpg

2hye55i.jpg

5tubmo.jpg

Driver side so far. Waiting on the two couplers that'll be here tomorrow to finish it up.
1evwgh.jpg

2qlbyph.jpg

ao0pjs.jpg

and because stickers add HP
ztzspt.jpg

Last edited:
Got the dumped exhuast and wastegate situated today. Waiting to see how loud it is after going through the turbos before I finalize any plans on exhuast.
2apx4x.jpg

5drp95.jpg

And my OCD kicked in when I started looking st the sharp edges of cuts, and as u can see I. this lic I trimmed them with the same door trim I did the fenderwell cuts so I dont accidentally cut myself later.
289ga4j.jpg

Not alot of in progress pictures today unfortunately. Too busy trying to wrap everything up. But I got my couplers in the mail, got my 4 inch tbolt clamp for the intake coupler where it connects to the to the throttle body. Some people use radiator hose clamps but ive grown not to trust the clamping force on those when it comes to boost.

I got the driver side intercooler piping connected and torqued down. Finished connected the new starter wire to the relay and the alternator and main power wire connected to the battery as well.

I still have to pick up two radiator hose clamps, fill the radiator, attach the ground from the battery to chassis in the trunk and connect the 12v key hot to the harness and then finish the vacuum lines for the wastegates, catch cans and blow off valves, then get it tuned.

So not a whole lot left to go. The main reason I wasnt in a rush was I have a 3 way electronic boost controller coming in the mail and wanted that here before I started touring vacuum lines. But cor now here she sits with the catch cans and all back in place. Exhaust dumped for the moment.
xmoaqq.jpg

24bn1a1.jpg

52jrfc.jpg

o88f92.jpg

Nice and chilly 22 degree day today totalled zero work getting done. But my 3 inch tbolt clamp came in, my led 1157 bulbs came in and Joe from XsPower got me the boost contoller and turbo timer today too. After reading through all the functions k it I'm pretty excited to get it installed snd the car up and running. Has provisions for high and low boost, manual or auto turbo timing, also has optional self features to trigger a nitrous solenoid or intercooler sprayer too. Way too much for me to get used to right away but I'm stoked either way.
11uw18h.jpg

2nlxtlf.jpg

Boost Controller Performance Racing Products for International Sales from SSAutochrome Inc.
scx1zn.jpg

Can't wait to see this thing on the road!
I'm hoping to wrap up the last few things(by few its more like 20 small things) in the next week or two, then take care of renewing the registration, state inspection and new plates by mid to late fab and be at the shows starting March if everything goes well. But you should have driving video around the storage unit area at least well before March.

Ho, hum, yawn...another guy completely designing and building his own car from junk, reinventing the wheel, and discovering fire.

I'll just go over here and watch a guy replace part #62467 with a new part #62467. That takes real talent you hack.

Ho, hum, yawn...another guy completely designing and building his own car from junk, reinventing the wheel, and discovering fire.

I'll just go over here and watch a guy replace part #62467 with a new part #62467. That takes real talent you hack.
Lol

I'm glad you get my cynical style of sarcasm/humor. I love reading this guys threads (and the guy putting an A body on an LX chassis, the diesel swap guy, ect). It just burns me up when these guys get **** from rich retired guys who are basically nothing but part swappers.

I don't really know too many people here, and I may get my bits and pieces confused...but, I think youngdart75 is a younger man, with younger kids(s). I think he serves in our military, and is actually BUILDING a car! A twin turbo car....an injected car...that never should've been...in a friggin storage unit...in his spare time!

Hats off man. Mine is a shell hanging on a rotisserie with 2 kids running around it.

I agree with Pascamp, Hats off to youngdart75, One of the guys who still remembers what hotrodding is all about built "in a friggin storage unit". Drive the wheels off that son of a *****.

Jeff

Last edited:
I'm almost to the smokey burnout stage guys. I wish it idled lower but with the ma fu plugged it has basically a safety mode keeping it idling high. I cant wait to hear it solid at about 750-800rpms. Spotted a leak at the output shaft seal on the trans yesterday so I'll probably be replacing that shortly.

Trying to finish bleeding the brakes this weekend with my son. I'm taking a day of leave on the 18th to take care of the registration and everything on the Dart and switching it over to antique plates so I done have to worry about the Inspection or finishing the exhuast all the way to the rear and having a cat on it. . Then I'll be driving it over to Ed here in Chesapeake for the tune on it and should be alot more fun after that.

I'm only 32 years old yes, still serving and my wife is serving as well. Still have my 11yr old son who is learning and building this with me and my daughter who helps too. They drive and break their own 1/10th scale rc car for now. But this will probably go to him after he finishes college and I'll start something else after I'm retired. I love that there are still some guys with a little positivity about the swap and I appreciate all the support, storage unit or not this baby is getting done.

I thought I'd do a unboxing kind of video on this electronic boost controller/turbo timer I got and share it with everyone.

Should be replacing the output shaft seal on the trans tomorrow, I noticed it leaking the other day. Going to fix some issues I'm having with power getting into the cabin and keep pushing to have the registration renewed, tuned and back on the road for good by the end of February.

Also plan on adding some of the mopar performance subframe connectors, lax step controller and some Mickey Thompson 235/60/15 Et streets for the rest as well after I burn this set off.

Well I was having ignition issues with the dart since I moved the battery back to the trunk and couldnt figure out why so I went back to the few things I'd changed and looked at the exact two things I thought might have caused me to lose power to the inside of the car. And sure enough the 2 fusible link pins were pushed in when I resisted the bulkhead connectors. So I pulled them both back straight(plug z for the ignition power and plug J for the battery feed), massaging the connectors back onto the bulkhead nice and sweet like and ta da!! It all works.
2z4whg9.jpg

Also here are some headlight shots of mine someone was asking for as well as the new 1157a led bulbs I got for the front turn signals. Yes the headlight is a lil wonky but I'll straighten it out so it's even and level. My OCD wont allow it to stay that way.
2s17r50.jpg

mjs5kl.jpg

rhtjkh.jpg

abpmhy.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back