Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
Nothing much today, ordered the corvette zr1 map sensor so the car can be tuned the week of the 18th in speed density, a better fuse/relay box assembly, the brushed aluminum guage panel from egauges plus, some MSD cut to length plug wires, and some 90 degree 3" bends to finish the exhaust.

Last edited:
Fedex has angered me today. They said my plug wires were out for delivery snd ever showed up and knocked on my door, yet still said "customer unavailable" so now I get to wait for them till Monday whe. I could have been installing more parts today.

Vent over now.

I got my new fuse box in the mail though and my zr1 map sensor.
2u5gnlt.jpg

o6n2vm.jpg

691d0w.jpg

This should make for a much cleaner install and allow for further growth in the future. Especially since I'm sure I'll need new relays and fuses later. It also has the mounts built it to put it in the firewall. Much better than the craptastic stuff I put together before.

Well I got some goodies today and even got a little bit of work done too.

I received my msd cut to length plug wires from summit in the mail. Got them tested, cut to length and built. Should alleviate any issues I have with heat and plug wires.

15n6a8h.jpg

348t2fn.jpg

e5slmo.jpg

I also received my fender exit trim from monkey fab garage, a prior army vet who does amazing work. I plan to mount them here and powdercoat them black and use stainless hardware to secure it.

33tp2yp.jpg

I also got the rear outputshaft seal replaced on the trans, today. Hopefully that stops my leak.

Last edited:
Everything is coming together, I but you can smell the rubber burning especially with that new "putputshaft" seal! HaHa I see you edited it. Get busy and get that beast runnin' we all want to see it smoking rubber.

Jeff

Last edited:
Well I have to look into a low pil pressure reissue this weekend. Hopefully nothing too serious. Oil pickup tubes are known to cause these issues if not seated perfectly. Checking my hoses and they're connected right and not mixed up. Ordered an ict billet girdle just in case.
2wd0zo0.jpg

I got these 90 degree bends in for the downpipes so I can get the dynomax mufflers welded to them and get the exhuast done and out through the defender rings once I have the holes cut.
1zb9dvl.jpg

Speaking of the rings. Here they're are, 1500 degree silicone coated snd 1500 degree dating clear coated and baked 3x. Should be ready to go on now once the holes are marked and cut.
ddhnqw.jpg

Well ingot the brakes done tonight. Finally.

Then I started on these. And when I say the most nervous I've been during this whole swap, drilling these holes into my fender. I was literally holding my breath each time. Even tooted at the end of one. Pucker factor was turned all the way up to 11. But all the holes lined up so far. Had to get some more goodies to finish the big holes. But should be done cutting by the weekend.
2qx6qo9.jpg

Last edited:
Well here we are with how they look. I have to say I absolutely love it. Havent quite made up my mind on the hole bullhorn look yet. I'm thinking flush or just slightly protruding and angled back a little to help divert smoke away from the fender.
15fswnn.jpg

e5gqh5.jpg

2dj9smg.jpg

vfyu11.jpg

What do u guys think?

The exhaust will be much more like this. maybe protruding just about 1/4 to 1/2 more just to add a little more clearance on the fender so its not blasting the paint on the fender.
6919gn.jpg

Well I had a little issue with low oil pressure the other day and decided to Investigate. I checked all my external filter lines and didnt find anything so then I dropped the center link and then the oil pan. Turns out the oil pickup tube oring had come unseated when the pickup had struck the pan.
24671gn.jpg

So I pulled the pickup off. Shortened it 3/4" and got the oil pickup girdle from ict billet that uses two bolts to secure the pickup to the oil pump instead of 1 like the factory one does.

Now it's back together and torqued back down. Should be pressure testing it tomorrow to make sure everything is good.
2dj2y9v.jpg

r7splk.jpg

o9lbi8.jpg

Keep up the good work!
Thanks man. Still plugging away. Got plenty to do. This long weekend should help get a little more accomplished. I'm always being medically retired from the military due to my back issues, so hopefully I can use some of the time off to finish it all up.

Last edited:
Got the oil pressure fixed. Now the two feed lines to the turbos have leaks, the only two lines on the car I didnt make myself. So I just ordered all the pieces to make my own 4an feed lines.

Now I can clean up the mess while I wait on parts to show up for that and get to the wiring I've been putting off and finish up hot parts for the exhuast.

Got the new fuse box/relay box finished up tonight.
Now i have 5 fuses in there instead of 4 and added the 3rd relay for the fan control. Overall much cleaner install than the craptastic one I made in comparison to it before.
260pz6x.jpg

2ntibtt.jpg

Who said the 75's were not that great? Not me.. Stay the course:) Looks terrific....

Nothing crazy this week so far. Ordered some more 2" mandrel bends to finish the dumps as well as vacuum block so I'm not cutting and adding 50 T's in the all the lines. I also got these two situated under the dash.
2ibhzpv.jpg

Well USPS lost my vacuum block immediately after marking it as "delivered in/at mailbox" so now I have to wait for them to find it.

I also got the rest of my 2" mandrel bends to finish the wastegate dumps. I was going to try and have the vacuum lines done this weekend since the block was supposed to be delivered Thursday......but now im not so sure.

Well, I have to say I got extremely upset with egaugesplus.com. I ordered my gauge panel from them on January 30th and never received it and they have quit returning my calls and havent responded to any emails. So I've had to file a PayPal claim against them and started making my own tonight. On top of that usps lost my vacuum black for 3 days.

At least I got started on the template. Still needs to be trimmed for the angled portion of the dash. But were slowly making more progress to try and finish it all up.
2hoyd02.jpg

Got the stock guage panel pulled.
2hqb7no.jpg

Then proceeded to treat for my template snd make the necessary cuts and additions where I cut too far.
244pu7t.jpg

Then transferred it to the aluminum panel. And cut it all out and added the gauges back in and the factory shift knobs. Thinking of hydro-dipping the cluster panel. Idk yet.
96b3ud.jpg

-
Back