Red Loc Tite

-
I know this is probably past tense now. Is there any way to rubber isolate the headlight? You know, like a shock bushing where the stud passes through the bracket to cut down on the vibration the headlight gets? I'm waiting for my coffee to kick in, so I'm just tossing it out there. My other thought is that it would let the light get all uber bouncy and what not. Like I said, just tossing it out there.

And yes, learn to do the safety wire. It will help you in the long run.

I know this is probably past tense now. Is there any way to rubber isolate the headlight? You know, like a shock bushing where the stud passes through the bracket to cut down on the vibration the headlight gets? I'm waiting for my coffee to kick in, so I'm just tossing it out there. My other thought is that it would let the light get all uber bouncy and what not. Like I said, just tossing it out there.

And yes, learn to do the safety wire. It will help you in the long run.

It would be possible mount the arm that the headlight mounts on to some sort of rubber or perhaps urethane shock mount of some sort. By any chance is the top of the front shock 3/8" in diameter? If so, next time I go to NAPA I will have Rich get the bushing box out for me....I will take a picture of the arm and post it...

Yeah sure. Just pushed the bike up on blocks so I could jack it up and fix a leaky fork....and the handlebars moved......the pinch bolts were all clean, the parts that they threaded into were also clean. Loc Tite was applied to the bolts which were torqued to the proper specs....and in 1100 miles they came loose.....

It would be possible mount the arm that the headlight mounts on to some sort of rubber or perhaps urethane shock mount of some sort. By any chance is the top of the front shock 3/8" in diameter? If so, next time I go to NAPA I will have Rich get the bushing box out for me....I will take a picture of the arm and post it...

Yep, most shock studs are 3/8.

-
Back