Red or Blue streak tires????

-

ZMan67S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a Dark blue barracuda with body painted wheels with red streak tires. With the car color I was thinking of going to blue streak tires. The car is very much original and going to eventually take it to bigger judged shows.

Will I get dinged for the blue tires?? I know they had them in 66, but read where they were discontinued on cars in 67. I don't know for sure and hoping someone here does.

I have a Dark blue barracuda with body painted wheels with red streak tires. With the car color I was thinking of going to blue streak tires. The car is very much original and going to eventually take it to bigger judged shows.

Will I get dinged for the blue tires?? I know they had them in 66, but read where they were discontinued on cars in 67. I don't know for sure and hoping someone here does.
If youre going for 100 percent original, you would get dinged. I've seen them even ding for having the wrong model of tires even if they are the correct brand......

I'm pretty sure when I bought my 68 gts, it had red streak tires on it. Boy, tires were just awful back then. All you could expect was 10k miles on tires back then.

The car is very much original and going to eventually take it to bigger judged shows.

depends on what bigger judged shows you are talking about.. all makes show the chances of the judge knowing mopars in and out is on the slimmer side... something like carlisle thats peer judges then most won't notice, a now OE judging then yes you will be dinged..

-
Back