RedBore Brake Kit sold by Just Suspension

-

DustUp

Reaction score
On page 78 of the November 2009 issue of MOPAR Muscle Magazine, I viewed an advertisement for a manual brake set up that was supposed to be as good as a power brake system. In that ad the Just Suspension Company called this product RedBore and made the following claim: “the RedBore allows you to experience the performance of a booster-assisted power brake system with the simplicity of manual hydraulics.”

So in October, 2009 I purchased the RedBore brake kit sold by Just Suspension and had my professional automobile service shop correctly install it in my Plymouth Duster. The kit consisted of a master cylinder, proportioning valve and some other small parts.

Unfortunately, this RedBore brake kit absolutely did not provide the performance of a booster-assisted power brake system with the simplicity of manual hydraulic brakes; it was not even close. I wasted my money on this RedBore kit and certainly do not recommend it. Booster-assisted power brake systems require very little brake pedal pressure and brake pedal travel to stop a car; these attributes were simply not provided by the Just Suspension's RedBore brake system.

Since I was so dissatisfied with their RedBore product, I wrote and asked Just Suspension for a refund but they did not have the courtesy to even respond back to me.

Yes, absolutely 100% sure it was bled properly and yes we did try a 10 pound residual valve on the rear drum brake line. We also tried multiple settings of the proportioning valve and even called Wilwood for suggestions, nothing helped. Just for your info, I have Wilwood discs on the front of the car. In the end I went back to my OEM one-inch bore master cylinder, I like it better!

I read the same thing, but I found it to be full of sh*t. Now, what does Just Suspension have to say about "false advertising"? Sorry ya got hooked.

Thanks 5.7 hemi. You were smart, I was stupid and rushed in without doing my homework. I just filed a complaint against Just Suspension with the North Carolina Attorney General. Doubt it will do any good but I'm trying.

-
Back