Redline tires?

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get some redline tires. Do the companys that sell them new just paint a red line on them and resale them? Pretty sure they aren't maufacturing them. Can I just paint a red line myself? If I can does anybody know what kind of paint to use?

Seems like I read a magazine article about doing it yourself but can't remember when and where.

I'm wanting to get some redline tires. Do the companys that sell them new just paint a red line on them and resale them? Pretty sure they aren't maufacturing them. Can I just paint a red line myself? If I can does anybody know what kind of paint to use?

Seems like I read a magazine article about doing it yourself but can't remember when and where.

Coker Tire in Tennessee

That's where I got mine.....Coker doesn't paint the stripe on

depends what tire your getting. something like an original style tires is made like that. there is a company that will put a red line on any type of tire. i forget the name of the place. its not just paint though

As above I got mine from Diamond Back tires (dbtires). Their website goes into detail on how they're made. So far I'm pretty happy with them but they are $$$. I have no experience with Coker so I can't make a comparison.:dontknow:

I want a radial just having a hard time with $200 + a tire but I probably wouldn't be happy with painting a line on a tire. LOL...

Whats a good match to E70 x 14 maybe a 205/75/R14 or 215/70/R14

You can't see it in the picture but I just bought this little gem and it has 4 flat ruined tires. I put on some 13" tires and wheels to get it rolling. It came with the 14X5.5 body color wheels with the small caps on it.

Attachments

• 1968 Dart GTS 001 (Small).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 734
I want a radial just having a hard time with $200 + a tire but I probably wouldn't be happy with painting a line on a tire. LOL...

Whats a good match to E70 x 14 maybe a 205/75/R14 or 215/70/R14

If memory serves me 205/70/R14 is a close match. I started out with 215/70/R14 all around on my dart and then switched to 245/60/R14's on the rear.

I used to own the machinery to put any type whitewall or stripe on any tire.....grinding wheel rotated around the tire making a cut in the sidewall to any width, then the material is pressed into the cut and put in a heated press, then ground flush with a finish grinder....kinda cool but time consuming and a PITA....but they came out awesome....did a ton of them back in the day. Picked up the equipment from a tire shop that went out of business.

Some companies are still doing it today 8)

Rickster

I used to own the machinery to put any type whitewall or stripe on any tire.....grinding wheel rotated around the tire making a cut in the sidewall to any width, then the material is pressed into the cut and put in a heated press, then ground flush with a finish grinder....kinda cool but time consuming and a PITA....but they came out awesome....did a ton of them back in the day. Picked up the equipment from a tire shop that went out of business.

Some companies are still doing it today 8)

Rickster

That is interesting! Never heard of that being done before. Maybe thats how they are made today by the two companys that do redlines

That is interesting! Never heard of that being done before. Maybe thats how they are made today by the two companys that do redlines

Most likely something similar....I wish I still had the equipment, but it took up quite a bit of room and the demand died out 8)

Rickster

-
Back