Redneck Rotisserie

-

oldjunk

Reaction score
While searching "duster" on youtube I found this. Pretty interesting. I wonder if this guy is a member.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MVh6Sji7_Q&feature=related"]Redneck Wood Car Rotisserie - YouTube[/ame]

I've seen them use the big plywood C's on the side of cars and roll them over. I think I'll stick with Iron when I build mine. You do have to give the guy an A for ingenuity.

Reminds me of the time we turned a VW Rabbit 90 degrees onto a stack of old tires to rob a starter off it. Had to get the mail man going. 5 men, 4 tires, 3 hand tools.

Smart idea! I guess its better then buying one you may only use one time.

Smart idea except for lifting with a forklift from _behind_ the car while standing _under_ it shoving on stuff. Yeeeeek. I was already hollerin' at the poor guy before his wife showed up.

Funny...I rarely get here to FABO and today I see a post called "redneck rotisserie". Of course my 1st thought was that some chucklehead stole my idea (for the name at least, I admit I stole the idea for the device from someone else). Lo and behold I click the link and there's my pretty face !
It worked great. Some guys on youtube commented about safety. I know this was prolly not the safest operation I've done but I assure you I was in no danger of getting squished. Hokey as it looks, the integrity of the device was actually pretty impressive.
I am a huge proponent of safety, always using eye/ear/hand/respiratory protection.
Thanks for posting it here, I hope folks enjoy it.

Funny...I rarely get here to FABO and today I see a post called "redneck rotisserie". Of course my 1st thought was that some chucklehead stole my idea (for the name at least, I admit I stole the idea for the device from someone else). Lo and behold I click the link and there's my pretty face !
It worked great. Some guys on youtube commented about safety. I know this was prolly not the safest operation I've done but I assure you I was in no danger of getting squished. Hokey as it looks, the integrity of the device was actually pretty impressive.
I am a huge proponent of safety, always using eye/ear/hand/respiratory protection.

Nice to see your a member...how's the duster coming along? Any recent pics?

hi mitch,

was the leaf blower to get it back down?

Ya just know I had to ask right?
:poke:

I like the tires on the roof in case it got away from him.....worked great though.

To Old Junk...no, nothing new with the car. I'm pissed and disappointed for the 1st time since starting this project 6 years ago. Body guy has done NOTHING in many months and doesnt seem as if he intends to. Thinking about what to do now.
To PlumCrazy...funny you noticed the leaf blower. Actually that was a safety device. During the lifting process my wife trained the leaf blower to the bottom of the car so that the air pressure would slow the descent of the vehicle in case of catastrophic failure of the winch cable.

Mitch-
Get the car back home. You can do the bodywork yourself. I've seen your work, and I know you can do this.

George

-
Back