Redoing some grills

-

fishman

Reaction score
Went by the paint shop and picked the grills up for the 67. Brought them home and took them apart. Took some time polishing the chrome and then a little paint. They are ready now to go back on the car when the man calls. So what do you think of a rookie resto.

wireing and grill 015 (Small).jpg

wireing and grill 017 (Small).jpg

wireing and grill 016 (Small).jpg

Looks good. What kind of polish did you use on them?

I used some that one of our members had talked about. It's sold at lowes for polishing their truck boxes its called Diamond brite. I also used argent silver in the surounds and did the black in the grate.

They look pretty good! Were you able to remove all the anodizing from those surrounds? As sydcuda mentioned, it's a good thing they weren't all dented up......it seems really hard to find ones that haven't been used as a push-bar at some point in their life.

Thanks for all the comments. I was lucky that there wasn't any dings. Another thing that might help someone is for the black line I went to a arts and craft store and got a paint pen. It worked real good fit right in the grove. Looks like it is going to be a week or so before it is finished. Can't wait to put the top down a hit the road. Thanks again Tom

Looking good, is that the living room sofa? Lol!

Yep the living room is where all the good stuff is. The bumpers and all the trim. I can get away with it because it's the wifes car. (Thats my story and I'm sticking to it) LOL

-
Back