refrigerator cleaning 101

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
it blows! not the inside cleaning but the coils and compressor. remember when everything was on the back of the fridge, out in the open? just vacuum away and you were done. now, it's underneath and behind panels. last time we cleaned, just used the vacuum and a brush to knock dust bunnies loose. this time- ta dah! I used a "furniture" carry around vac, connected the hose to the outlet side and BLEW the dust off. poor wife was on the other side with the shop vac trying to catch the flying fuzz. a pat on the back, it almost looks like new again! next time, I'm think a compressor and spray nozzle...I have threatened to use the leaf blower.

Whyd you clean it ?

I noticed my outside fridge has quite a bit of condensation on the top, and im hoping cleaning the coils will make it better

Whyd you clean it ?

I noticed my outside fridge has quite a bit of condensation on the top, and im hoping cleaning the coils will make it better
??Where is the fridge, in your house? Sounds like an insulation leak/ cracked/ broken insulation into the freezer. Or is it located on a porch, etc? where it's open to nigh air?

??Where is the fridge, in your house? Sounds like an insulation leak/ cracked/ broken insulation into the freezer. Or is it located on a porch, etc? where it's open to nigh air?
Its on the back porch, so covered, but out all year

Having seen how much cotton wood fuzzies float around there i have no doubt it is packed in

Its on the back porch, so covered, but out all year

Having seen how much cotton wood fuzzies float around there i have no doubt it is packed in
Sounds like, for the environment it's in, "normal." When the evening cools down, the freezer will likely "leak" enough that it will be quite cool on the outer skin, and condense from the air

-
Back