Reg 833 vs 833OD Shift Rods

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Are the shifter rods the same or different between the non-OD 833 and OD 833 in an A Body? If they're different, what's the difference?

On the OD tranny the 3rd and 4th gear ear on the tranny has to be turned over and the stock rod wont fit. Thats the way mine was anyway.

You can use them, just lengthen the 3-4 rod

Here are 4 pics of 2 setups. The first is of my OD trans and the second is of one of the members here. I think he fabbed the rods and I liked the design.The second is a normal 4 spd setup You can see the difference. I still have to redo the reverse rod, I needed a rear trans mount to get the angles osn fit.

Attachments

• Image00013.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 249
  • Image00014.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 244
  • Image00003.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Image00004.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 266
Here is a photo of an od with standard linkage with just the 3-4 rod lengthened.
I just cut the threads off and welded a piece of hardened all thread in its place.
These same rods are on my non-od trans that is in my car right now.

1000205l.jpg

Thanks everyone for their help. I just picked up an OD 833 with a shifter along with a slant bellhousing. Got all the swivels on the transmission and the shifter rod that drops under the cross member but no other. I'll post a wanted ad for the others or a complete set.

I got mine from the local wrecking yard. The only thing it came off a chev truck. worked fine. It just cost a couple dollars.

-
Back