Reilly Street-Lynx Adjustment

-

jerkyboy

Reaction score
My Dart's got a Reilly street-lynx set up in the rear and I noticed that the car sits a tad bit lower in the rear than the front. Upon inspection, I noted that I can move the shock mounting bracket to lower hole, which I'm assuming would raise the back of the car a bit. Two questions; if I move the mount, will it raise the car a bit and will I have to worry about the slight change in drive shaft angle?

Why not call Bill at Reilly Motor sports and here it from the main man him self?
He can answer all your questions
Bill

My Dart's got a Reilly street-lynx set up in the rear and I noticed that the car sits a tad bit lower in the rear than the front. Upon inspection, I noted that I can move the shock mounting bracket to lower hole, which I'm assuming would raise the back of the car a bit. Two questions; if I move the mount, will it raise the car a bit and will I have to worry about the slight change in drive shaft angle?

Your Driveshaft angle should not change at all.

Mine is not a street lynx. It is a Home Brewed system based off of the street lynx. When my car is done it will have a slight rake to the front by about an inch.

You need to understand that the drive train is out of my car and the front suspension is NOT loaded. Anytime you jack up your car even WITH the drive train and use the front frame rails to support it you will get a FALSE reading of how the stance will be. The REAR of the car will look as if it sits about 2" higher even when supported by jack stands under the Rear Axle.

You could use RAMPS under the front tires and Jack stands under the rear axle to mimmick the stance that you would get. FWIW

Why not call Bill at Reilly Motor sports and here it from the main man him self?
He can answer all your questions
Bill

Ended up taking your advice and calling Bill. We had a real nice chat and he explained everything about adjusting the front and rear suspension. You da man!!!!

-
Back