Relaxing at the beach

-

Richie

Reaction score
51748669659_41e7997dc7_z.jpg

LOLOL In 68-9 when I was goin to Navy electronics school at Treasure Island, a friend/ classmate found a girl somehow, lived over in the Ripon/ Manteca farming country. So he dragged me over there one weekend and I got latched up with a gal. One weekend we took a snoose on the beach kinda on our sides/ bellies. We both had an arm around the other and the next morning there was a sunburnt shadow of each other's arms around the other.

The sad part --- After graduation he was over visiting her, and dived into some ?? hole and hit his head on a rock/ log, whatever, and just like that became a quad. I had lost track of him some time back, and only "found" him again after he'd died. Turns out he had a bass boat all fixed up so he could fish. When I knew him he could barely feed himself because of very low hand/ arm strength and coordination.

I dove from about 15' into a piling that was under the water when I a kid and ripped my head open.....Funny thing was it didn't hurt that much Just got a bunch of stitches and a dent in the head that's still there but didn't really get hurt at all.

Last edited:
Denny was a big tall strong guy, fit, a real athlete. Very very sad. Part of the reason I lost touch is that after I got out of the navy he had had a full time nurse, and he (the nurse) had power of attorney. The guy robbed him blind, ran off and left him broke. He had to move changed his phone, etc. That was around ?80 so there was no internet to track him down. He had been living down around Pocatello, near his home stompin grounds. When I found his obit, I see he had been in Stockton, no idea why. He had however gotten married, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Denny was a big tall strong guy, fit, a real athlete. Very very sad. Part of the reason I lost touch is that after I got out of the navy he had had a full time nurse, and he (the nurse) had power of attorney. The guy robbed him blind, ran off and left him broke. He had to move changed his phone, etc. That was around ?80 so there was no internet to track him down. He had been living down around Pocatello, near his home stompin grounds. When I found his obit, I see he had been in Stockton, no idea why. He had however gotten married, so maybe that had something to do with it.
That is very sad

So sad, sorry to hear that. That male nurse should be hung and not by the neck.

-
Back