Relay / Fuse Block Unit

-

Rice Nuker

Let the Coal Roll!
Reaction score
Heck yes. My impression is there are few people making something like this for the price. 85 bucks plus 15 bucks shipping.

Features:

(5) 30 amp fused channels with (5) positive triggered relays.

1 main power line in with 60 amp fusable link. One ground (for the relays since they are positive trigger).

On the color matched wires, the fat one is the load, the skinny one is the trigger for that channel.

The block can handle 80 amps @ 24vdc, each relay is rated for 35 amps (probably @ 12vdc). The channels are fused at 30 amps.

You can get them in many configs. Such as 3 positive trigger, 2 negative trigger.

http://wagongear.com/WiredWagon.html

http://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/352802-auxiliary-fuse-relay-panel-2.html#post6271905

My rig:

Channel 1 is going to be a MP dist with GM HEI module and a ford or summit coil that I will build mostly based on SlantSixDan's ideas. Channel 2 is low beams, channel 3 is high beams. Channel 4 could be my stereo or a fuel pump, channel 5 could be some other electrical draw. You get the idea. I am running a thermo clutch fan, otherwise channel 5 would probably suffice for a cooling fan.

I figured I would share this with you all. Some will probably like the idea of centralizing all their high amp draw gear.

I will be using another one on our Jensen as it has all original factory anemic wiring and with the new mopar elect ig, modern halogen head lights and factory dual cooling fans, it needs relays.

Of course I will be bypassing my ammeter, running my alternator directly to my starter relay (which has a 2 gauge to the batt). On my starter relay + post is where I will draw juice for my main line into the relay block giving full amperage and voltage to my relay block (has 60 amp fuse link so no prob connecting it to main). I will have a straight-thru bulkhead on the hi draw main line, drilling a hole in the bulkhead with a straight thru fat wire to the ignition switch. Then I will be refurbishing my factory fuse box and wiring and triggering my relays with the original + wires which originally ran to the coil / elect ig, low and high beams.

Attachments

• DSCN0816.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 280
  • DSCN0817.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCN0818.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCN0819.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCN0820.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 269
I like that relay box, will make a nice clean install for you. Please show some pics when you get it installed.

Very nice, I have herd and seen allot of members here use the GM HEI module and a ford or summit coil.

-
Back