Relay wiring

-

mopardemon340

Reaction score
Anyone good with wiring relays. I got a spdt relay I want to wire up. I know how to wire it but want to see if can wire it differently. I know current flows from terminal 30 to 87. But I want to wire it so current flows from 87 to 30. That way I can wire 30 to the one point with 2 different sources. 87 will be power and 87a will be a ground. I'm using it for my wiper motor for the park function since I'm going to a momentary push button with a wipe module to control the high low speed

Like this?

Relay_0332209151_Drawing.gif

I have no idea what you are doing because you neither did not explain yourself, nor the module wiring which you are using. Have you tried this out with clip leads to simulate what you are doing?

I think I got it figured out. I'll test tomorrow and see how it gos

Be careful of the coil connections. Some? most? all? of those relays have built in spike supression diodes across the coil. I cannot seem to get across to you that others might be interested in what you are doing. So far nobody knows.

You can wire a power or ground at 87 and 87a and feed 30 no problem. One feed will always be active.

My wire diagram.
the green represents the low speed wiper
the purple represents the high speed wiper
the orange represents the park for the wiper.
the green and purple function as normal with the relays. to make the park function work like it should once the wipers are turned off i had to change the high speed relay around. typically you wire terminal 30 to the power source and 87 to your accessory. but doing that it wont allow the park to work as it should. so to i made 87 my hot wire, and used 30 for my accessory. wiring it like this allowed me to wire 87a to the ground making my park work as should. the high speed terminal on the wiper motor needs to function as both a hot and a ground. the low speed relay functions as normal when it has power. when power is removed it will allows 87a and 30 to make the other part of park circuit

20200103_104612.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back