Reman Thermoquad

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
I still have to put it back together;. It's a 850 cfm 9077 off of a 400 lean burn a/t. I should have taken before pictures. The only thing left to do is drill a hole for vacuum for the distributor advance. Lean burn carbs didn't have ported vacuum for the dizzy, the distributor advance was fixed. I also have to find a set of 1966 metering rods(any of you guys who have a spare set), I found a source for new jets.

Attachments

• 100_0074.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 258
  • 100_0071.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 100_0073.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 266
Care to share your jet source?

It's clean and all.....but see the float bowl vent arm? It should not be behind the actuating arm, it should be IN the fork. Somebody boobooed puttin the top on it.

Not bolted together. No bolts / screws in it. Reckon he set it together for the photo. He said something about not having it finished. Unless running them with out bolts is good for 30 cfm? I heard it was. :toothy8:

Anyway, I would sure like to know more about this cleaning process. I have a big primary and a small primary, the big primary TQ only has 23k original!, the other has 120k. Want to rebuild them all shiny and new style! I friggin really like the TQ. When I was a kid, it was the poor boy racer's secret weapon! Saw many dusters and darts kick fancy chevy butt!

-
Back