Remember me :D

-

Khyron

Token "B" Body
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been awhile but a post over at Dodgecharger.com reminded me I had to stop back and say hi again. And with some news. Picked up my First A-Bodie in a long time. but with a slight back story.

This is actually for my Mom, she's been really getting into the old car thing and was telling me she was interested in a old car. So I instantly thought that a bent 6 Dart was the way to go. I'll be maintaining and taking car of the car, and she's in love with the Charger, so Ma Mopar was the only thought that came into my head.

The hunt begain, and even though it was a little rough in the begining finding just the right body and year, I found this. Wasted to time, and picked her up for what I consider an extreamly fair price.

So here is my moms new toy,

A 1966 Dodge Dart 270

The car needs a little work, odds and ends, but she looks good. Rock Solid body, and a lot of fun. She's also got a few surprises.

momdart012__medium_.jpg

momdart007__medium_.jpg

momdart010__medium_.jpg

The paint isn't too horrible, could use a new coat soon, also around the rear wheel wells she's gonna need some work. Should be a lot less work then the Charger was. The interior also needs some cleaning up. The front seats aren't original. there are a lot of things painted that shouldn't be. Also will need a new headliner. But all in all. I think it's all easy stuff.

The body is straight, has some filler where it doesn't belong, but the metal is solid for the year.

momdart013__medium_.jpg

momdart009__medium_.jpg

momdart005__medium_.jpg

A few things to note. She's a Slant 6 Motor. With a twist. For the mopar guys with a keen eye, you'll notice a few very cool things.

1. Yes, thats an Offenhauser Aluminum 4 Barrel Intake. Complete with a 650cfm Carb

2. Yes, those are headers on the old Bent 6 motor

3. It has it's original Cert Card still in the holder

I will get a picture of the fender tag with it's information as well.
There is one bad things about the car. The motor has a bad Rod. so when she's pulling into my garage. the motor will be yanked out inspected. I'll repair what I need, and put her back together. This isn't a street fighter. This will stay a daily driver.

87,000 Original miles on the motor. I think I did very well with the car.

momdart014__medium_.jpg

momdart015__medium_.jpg

Also, I guess I should mention that The Charger under went a face lift as well, Body, paint, Motor, and all that.

But I won't bore you guys with a B-Body story ;)

Looking forward to being active here again. :-D

Nice looking Dart, Dig the under dash A/C unit !

I know, but the former owner kept it LOL. Guess it wasn't part of the deal. The last kid that owned it used the ol girl as a daily driver. He was a nice kid, about 23 years old, that would explain all the Neon I have to remove now. ;)

I am digging the 4 barrel and headers though. I'm going to sand blast them and clean them up real nice, But I think the motor will be comming out soon, she's got an awful rattle to her. I think the main bearings are shot. Owner thought it was a bent rod but the car idles great, it's just when you bring the RMPs to about 2500 you can hear it.

I know, but the former owner kept it LOL. Guess it wasn't part of the deal. The last kid that owned it used the ol girl as a daily driver. He was a nice kid, about 23 years old, that would explain all the Neon I have to remove now. ;)

I am digging the 4 barrel and headers though. I'm going to sand blast them and clean them up real nice, But I think the motor will be comming out soon, she's got an awful rattle to her. I think the main bearings are shot. Owner thought it was a bent rod but the car idles great, it's just when you bring the RMPs to about 2500 you can hear it.
welcome back Khyron!! Nice find.
Do you think it could be old weak springs or is it a big bottom end rattle?
Keep us updated and hope you enjoy this great site.

Please please do something about that master cylinder for your Mom's safety. Cool looking car, welcome back.

Ohh yes, I learned that lesson on my Wife’s 66 Mustang. Brakes are the first thing, new Master, lines, shoes and drums. Always make sure a car can stop before you make it go ;)

welcome back Khyron!! Nice find.
Do you think it could be old weak springs or is it a big bottom end rattle?
Keep us updated and hope you enjoy this great site.

It's a Big bottom end rattle. Again, the wife’s Mustang did the same thing, new crank and bearings solved it. This is the original motor with only about 87,000 on it. So I'm going to just rip it out and freshen it up a bit. While the motors out, I'll paint the engine compartment the correct color also. I'm not a big fan of the black compartment.

Good to see you here again. Mom should like her little car. Yes, brakes are a handy thing to have. They mandated a dual master cyl in '67 for a good reason. Keep us posted on the progress.

Hey i remember you!
Welcome back Khyron the Charger is looking good! Got any more updated pics. of it?

Also, I guess I should mention that The Charger under went a face lift as well, Body, paint, Motor, and all that.

But I won't bore you guys with a B-Body story

Bore us, please bore us. Surely you've seen some of the topics that get posted on here. At least the Charger is Mopar-related...LOL!

My God.

We finally got some warm weather so I decided to go tinker with the Dart and Charger tonight.

Long story short. I just removed what must have been 3 miles of wire and about 7 Neon Lights from the Dart :shock:

I guess that was why the battery died so quick.

Now to log onto a local Ricer board and sell this stuff for some seats :lol:

Thanks and Yeppers, One is cracked in the center, so I'll be looking for another at some point :D

Ship it down or haul it with you to Spring E-town (hint hint).. Wheel Works in Florence NJ can fix it for you.

ahh no kidding, good to know, do they also restore rims? I have an old set of slots I would love cleaned up.

Yep. Restore, repair - whatever. They'll even re-lace and true spoked motorcycle wheels.

-
Back