Remember when we had no fear with our toys?

-
No FEAR 6 or 7 year old me (cica 1969)
no shirt, no shoes, no helmet - no problem!!
IMG_20170326_105429.jpg

As I aged, I started wearing shoes!!
IMG_20170326_104509~2.jpg

A few years later, fear started, lol
IMG_20170326_105441~2.jpg

And your parents would tell your 6-7 year old self
‘Just keep it off the street and be back by dinner’

You got it!! Man, the good old days.

I tried to give my two boys as much of it as I could. I did a lot outside with them but probably not as much as i did as a kid. They both had mini bikes. They are 35 and 34 now and quads really weren't a thing then.

Man, wasn`t you spoiled! only child?:lol:

I wasn't an only child, but yes, I'd say I was spoiled. I was the last of 5 kids and both parents worked night shift (blue collar). I had old parents: dad was 42 and mom was 40 when i was born. I think they were tired of raising kids....I remember practically raising myself with the help of my brother and sisters.

My parents didn't drink (dad had a very occasional beer) or smoke. They didn't spend money on junk. We had a yearly vacation and a decent Christmas, small birthdays but really nothing in-between. Both parents lived through and remembered the depression.

Seen one similar to that at the hardware store just a few days ago

If it wasn't for the price, the sheer weight of it would keep me from owning one

View attachment 1715982400
Sportsman's had a .45 tommy gun for around $1000 ($1200?) years back and I kick myself for not snapping it up. Never mind what filling that 100rd mag would cost :)
"Keep the change ya filthy animal" lol. Can't remember what movie that quote is from

Auto Ordnance Company manufactured a California compliant, legal "Tommy Gun" but i don't know if they still do.
Been a long time, since purchasing firearms.
A empty Tommy Gun weighs around a bit more than 10 pounds, bare, no magazine.
Add a round drum, of fully loaded 100 rounds of 45 ACP and then you have a really heavy firearm.
A 30 round magazine stick, is used on another variant of the Tommy Gun, which is quite manageable.
At one time you could go up to an area near Reno, Nevada, and rent Thompsons, with either sticks, or drums, at was called automatic shootouts.
Auto Ordanance sold drums or sticks, with only 10 round capacity, which is legal out here in Commiefornia.

Don't wan't to take the OP's posting off the railroad track, but i stuck my reply here.

Last edited:
Sportsman's had a .45 tommy gun for around $1000 ($1200?) years back and I kick myself for not snapping it up. Never mind what filling that 100rd mag would cost :)
"Keep the change ya filthy animal" lol. Can't remember what movie that quote is from

dont remember the "actual" movie, but what i remember it from, is Home Alone

Thought i was doing Ok with one of these, until i "burned" my desk in an area, in my bedroom.
These electrical things weren't the greatest of inventions for kids to fool around with.
But what one got away with in the 50's, and 60's, could fill up a book.

woodburning kit.jpg

20220909_042122.jpg
New Jersey State police confiscated my wrist rocket in 1976.
Dad bought 2 of them one for me and one for him.
He told me not to take it outside. :D
I didn't know they were illegal.
I didn't tell dad what happened until about 1990.
Wrist rockets illegal? That's lame! Mine is still in the closet waiting for a new band

Last edited:
-
Back