Remember when we were young and this was the look we were going for.

-

Scamp Rhonda

Reaction score
This still gives me chills when I think back or see cars set up this way. Still Is my dream to build a period correct, late '60s early '70s Super stock, Modified production or Gasser clone that I can cruise with and drive to car shows!
Anybody else feel this way:thumbsup:
FB_IMG_1705986374704.jpg

Each to their own its a generational thing, personally i think looks like a hot wheels car. Rather a newer pro street look, dont care much for concourse either. Think depends on age

It ain't photoshopped. Remember how the Mopar SS suspension works. Those tires could literally scrub every now and then just a little since at launch, the car lifts in the rear.

I always loved Steve Lisk's old Challenger.... A 9 second street car back in the 70's was something special...

lisk.png

Nobody narrowed rear ends, mini tubbed or had custom offset wheels back then. If you wanted big tires, you jacked it up for clearance. Ask me how I know:)

On my first 69 barracuda I was determined to run the biggest rear tire I could with a stock rear axle. I picked up a set of 15X8 reversed Cragars and had them custom widened 2 inches inboard, so I ended up with 15X10's with close to zero offset. I can't remember the tire size, but they sat about like that car.

This was the car with 15X8 reversed Cragars and slicks before I widened them.

old racecar.jpg

Nobody narrowed rear ends, mini tubbed or had custom offset wheels back then. If you wanted big tires, you jacked it up for clearance. Ask me how I know:)
Yeah, shackles were the cheapest and easiest way to go. We got them from JC Whitney back then. I think they were around 6 bucks? If you used air shocks that ment you were a little classier and had more money:).

Yeah, shackles were the cheapest and easiest way to go. We got them from JC Whitney back then. I think they were around 6 bucks? If you used air shocks that ment you were a little classier and had more money:).
Or worked at the parts store. I wish I had this car still. It was just a Coronet someone put a 361 in, but it was fun, and had a attitude!

My 69 coronet 1a (1).jpg

1970 -Gabriel Hi Jackers with extenders. Never liked the looks of shackles.
1706028956724.jpeg

1706029032778.jpeg

-
Back