Remember When?

-

Rabid Transit Garage

Reaction score
Remember when Mopars were not popular, people damn near gave them away, you could pick up a good big block in a junk yard cheap and Hot Rod, Popular Hot Rodding and Car craft would never put a Mopar on the cover. Is it better or worse now?

1967 Dart Gt
1974 Dart Sport
1967 Barracuda

Worse,I wish that damn Barrett Jackson never went on the air,really screwed our hobby!

I think it is better but I wish the deals were more common....just need to look a little harder 8)

I think it has gotten a little worse due to the fact that b and e body cars were all sucked up in the barret jackson/mecum auction storm and all that were left were the a bodys so this drove the prices through the roof on these " junkers " as I have heard them called by e body guys I know,I remember not too many years ago getting my duster for 400 bucks. now you see a car in worse shape than mine was for 1500 not much of a jump but thats a lot over 8 years. but as far as parts go things have gotten a heck of a lot better in the after market and performance end

After market availability has gotten better,just wish they'd stop screwing us on prices.

I ran my stock 340 duster against many Cuda's & CHallengers and RR's & GTX's & Nova's & Chevelles and Torino's and Mudstains big blocks and small block alike! and my lil $3300( brand new) junk heap kicked all thier asses....NO EXCEPTIONS.....
Junk Heap, my ***!!! Hell the 64,65 & 66 Barracuda was said to have the best balance & center of gravity in the raylle circles ....as good as the corvette!!! THOSE opinionated clowns have no conception of REALITY....even CHRYSLER Corp came up with the black fender A body hemi...never saw any experimental 2100 lb 425 HP roadrunners or Cuda's.....guess CC thought they were junk heaps too, thats why they invested millions in experimental cars and SOX & Martin & the Hemi under glass.....junk heap indeed!

I remember buying a 71 Satellite with a 318 for $400 back in 1990.I also bought a 74 Scamp for parts for my 71 Duster for $100(it had no title but was complete)I remember seeing Mopars everywhere back then,and Dusters could be found anywhere!Now,not anymore :angry7:

i remember back in the late eighties going to the wrecking yard picking up a complete 340 for 200 bucks try doing that today

nope! the year was 2004 when I got into the mopar family and man was it a price shock when I saw what things cost. quickly settled on an A BODY when I realized a B body would cost me my left arm right leg and middle toe

Around here back in 83-84 you could buy a really decent 68-70 B-body, body for $250... $1,000 would get you nice 68 R/T Charger or Runner...

Too many people selling Mopar parts as a get rich quick. There are no deals in any junkyards anymore. Mopar =$$$$$$. Sad.

Around here back in 83-84 you could buy a really decent 68-70 B-body, body for $250... $1,000 would get you nice 68 R/T Charger or Runner...
I foolishly passed on a 72 Charger with a SLANT SIX of all things for $600 back in '88!It was gold, had a white vinyl top,hubcaps,radio delete and was owned by an elderly lady.The /6 turned me off back then,but now had I had that Charger,it would be something rare to see.A slant six in a Charger,lol:banghead:
Although not a Mopar,I also scored a 68 Chevelle with a big block for $500.Its not just Mopars,even Chevys that were cheap to buy rose up in price .A 72 Nova that you couldve bought back then for $300 will now cost about $3000 ,if you are lucky

I have this charger waiting for me to buy it anytime I want to its a 1971 SE 383 only $5,000

Not to change the subject, and maybe my brain is completely scrambled, but years ago a case of oil was 24 quarts was it not???

I ran my stock 340 duster against many Cuda's & CHallengers and RR's & GTX's & Nova's & Chevelles and Torino's and Mudstains big blocks and small block alike! and my lil $3300( brand new) junk heap kicked all thier asses....NO EXCEPTIONS.....
Junk Heap, my ***!!! Hell the 64,65 & 66 Barracuda was said to have the best balance & center of gravity in the raylle circles ....as good as the corvette!!! THOSE opinionated clowns have no conception of REALITY....even CHRYSLER Corp came up with the black fender A body hemi...never saw any experimental 2100 lb 425 HP roadrunners or Cuda's.....guess CC thought they were junk heaps too, thats why they invested millions in experimental cars and SOX & Martin & the Hemi under glass.....junk heap indeed!

Exactly why E & B owners dont show us no love lol

Not to change the subject, and maybe my brain is completely scrambled, but years ago a case of oil was 24 quarts was it not???
Yes it was, I kept a case of the cheap stuff in my Monza for road-side top-offs (1 qt a week, no matter how many miles), on the plus side, oil changes consisted of a filter only! LOL!

Yes it was, I kept a case of the cheap stuff in my Monza for road-side top-offs (1 qt a week, no matter how many miles), on the plus side, oil changes consisted of a filter only! LOL!
I had a few vehicles that got the filter only change. My one Lemans I had my parents would not let me back it into the driveway, when I started that thing up after sitting overnight it just billowed smoke...

-
Back