Remote filters

-

Rick 5150 69

Reaction score
Sense I`m trying to build posts here, whats everybodys feelinngs on remote oil filters, I`m having mixed feelngs, didnot want the hassel with the hedders so we installed one on the`68 360 dart, any issues with them, good or bad...?

When i put headers on my dart i had to go with a romote oil filter. So far, ive been driving it like that for about 6 months and there hasn't ever been any real problems, no major leaks or anything like that. Sure makes oil changes a hell of a lot easier.

I always found running the oil lines out and back into the block adaptor to be more hassel than just the angle adaptor for the oil filter. My filter is accessable from the top with tons of room all around

I've had one on my Dart for about 7 years and never had a problem. You'd be surprised at how many Chevy guys ask if thats a factory option at car show! :banghead: Side note: my buddy put one in his Camaro because I had one, and he had a filter blow a seal, He's sure that its the remote filters fault, but I'm sure it has something to do with his el' cheapo oil filter, extremely long oil lines (he mounted on the opposite side of the filter on the block) or because it's a junk Chevy trying to kill itself! :lol:

I have a dual remote kit on my truck. I'm installing the same type on my car (yes, for those that know what it is, it's a bit of overkill).

165939.jpg

I thought I'd need one on my 360 73 dart, but once it was dropped in with the headers, there was plenty of room with just the factory hardware.

I used a single remote filter when i put my crate motor in. plumbed it with a moroso accumulator using braided lines. mounted it on the heater delete plate. using a fram racing filter (a little bigger). looks real pretty and works great!

If you are looking for a very small filter that will screw to the block a mid 80's 2.2 Dodge Omni filter threads right on.

340mopar said:
If you are looking for a very small filter that will screw to the block a mid 80's 2.2 Dodge Omni filter threads right on.

Yup...by hand, tons of clearance, no adaptors. Just keep the changing intervals on the shorter side, because there isnt as much surface area on the smaller media. Usually not a problem with 2nd or "fun" vehicles.

-
Back