Remote mirror!!

-

4spd mod

Reaction score
My curiosity has gotten the better of me. I originally thought the small hole in the doors of my Barracuda were for the remote mirror. I actually thought I remembered reading somewhere they made a hole on both sides, so they matched. Then I saw this pic. So, can someone please calm my mind so I can move on to something else and tell me what in the world these holes are there for!!?
door.PNG

The rear most plug is removed and you can put an Allen key in there. It's for adjusting the positioning of the vent window frame.
Mod top! Very cool. That plug is bigger than OEM.

67s have an exposed Phillips head screw in the same location, for the same purpose as 4spdragtop mentioned

Last edited:
The passenger side does not have the large large forward hole for the mirror remote, of course.

The plug is too big to be factory . My guess is that some one drilled it oversize to gain access not realizing the fastener is a allan head bolt .

Yeah ! Mod car ! Lets see some pics ! And a 4sp Mod ?
That's not my car. I was just using that for reference. Mine is a 340 Formula S 4spd mod, but the only mod options I have so far are an original perfect back seat and 2 front door panels.

That's not my car. I was just using that for reference. Mine is a 340 Formula S 4spd mod, but the only mod options I have so far are an original perfect back seat and 2 front door panels.
What do you mean “so far” ?
Was it an original Mod Top or Mod interior car ? Or are you cloning one ? Either way it’s cool but just curious . If they made a Mod pattern that went with R4 I would be tempted to Mod mine . But Red paint with green or yellow interior/top might clash . Lol

Yeah, not sure red, yellow, and green would be too appealing. It is an original 340 Formula S 4spd mod top and interior. It didn't have any of the original mod stuff left when I bought it. I am trying to collect all the mod interior to put back in it. Not a big fan of the mod top right now. Maybe someday.

Not a fan of mop to either. But like an Edsel, they are so ugly they are cool!

A friend is buying a modtop barracuda in need of restoration.

Should be a fun project.

I would definately restore that car to original . The importance of it goes beyond just the car world …it has historical social importance . I could see one being displayed at the Googenheim or even library of congress along side Beetles , Jummy Hendricks and Woodstock displays . Its the ultimate reflection of the 60’s !

-
Back