remote water pump set up and idea low deck

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score

this is the front of my motor and im looking for some ideas as to running a remote water pump...I have researched some of the ways and looked at some of the stuff that's for sell...I just cant se myself paying 2/300.00 for a set of blocks that fit the opening and then buying an fitting...hat add another 1/150.00 to the cost..now most will ask why I want to run a remote pump...so here we
I have a aluminum water pump housing and some spacers to mount on this motor with a electric pump , but it moves my stuff out from where I would like it to be because I also will be running a aluminum radiator and electric fan to help with what cooling I will need..this motor is filled to the water pump holes and will be on alky.....id like to have a clean and simple looking set up...if the spacers was thinker I would just tap them and add an fittings but they are only about 1/4 thick and I don't really see them being thick enough..may looking in to buying the tools to tap in to the block and through the motor plate...not sure it it will be ok since the plate is taking the load of the motor...anybody got any ideas or pics I can see....also I know most will say im over thinking this but im just trying to plan for the best set up and for the next motor that will be in here..also I will be running a belt drive fuel pump for the toilet set up on this motor and maybe a vacuum pump on the next motor.....so any ideas would be great.....and I know some will say stop being cheap and buy the blocks but its not me being cheap but 2 little blocks no an fitting for 2/300.00 no way just cant see that...mopar stuff is just crazy.. :wack: I may just have to run a electric pump and move things back a little more.. but in front of the radiator is going to be a fuel cell for the alky and maybe 1 for the nos depending on how much of a hit I run..:-D

What if you have the water pump machined down the thickness of the plate? Then everything would line up.

Do you really need a cooling system on it? Methanol is a hell of a coolant by itself and the jackets are filled anyway.

Welll the block is only filled to the bottom of the of the water pump holes...I had forgot all bout the shotgun stuff do they even sell it anymore..I tried to find it but cant seem to find it....im thinking of using the spacers I have and see if I can come up with some atlases 1/2 thick then use an fitting in them..

Got a Shogun setup out in the garage collecting dust $150 and it's all yours,
Mr. Earthmover!
Manifold and Pump and Tick tock switch are all there.

Believe ShoGun closed thier doors... I had that set up on my RB Mirada and loved it! Worked great for cool down and sure freed up alot of space on the front of the engine.

which pump does your kit have sst3193? is it the one in the picture or the pump that looks like a Mallory fuel pump?

I bought womanator's kit and the pump started leaking and to rebuild it was gonna cost $150.00 so the pump sitting on my shelf with the other style pump in its place. haven't driven the car yet so not sure how well it will work for what I'm trying to do yet.

-
Back