Remove Stripes from a Duster with Photoshop

-

tinman2

Too Broke for Missiles, Switching to Guns
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My brother-in-laws recent purchase. I like it but it needs a few things neatened up. After looking it over, I realized the stripes are not installed to follow the body lines correctly. If it were mine, the stripes would have probably disappeared by now. But, they look pretty flashy so I'm just wondering how it would look without them.

20230115_154313.jpg

20230115_154240.jpg

Last edited:
If we decide to keep the stripes, I think we should at least replace them and get them straight.

I actually like the arc to them. It gives the quarters more of a challenger look. I would leave them if it was mine but I guess I'm biased as I installed something along those lines on my 71 Demon.

IMG_5452.JPG

IMG_5538[9770].JPG

Great looking car, I don't believe I would change a thing with the stripes. What's the paint code/color name on that?

I don't know the paint code. I wonder if it's like the new Challenger color.
I think the stripes look good also. But on the passenger quarter, they didn't get it right. The stripes don't follow the body lines. Some places are good. Some , not so good. The 360 laps over the body line about ⅝ inch.

20230122_181430.jpg

20230122_181521.jpg

Take the "360" part of the emblem stripe off with a heat gun.

That will clean up the flow of the side stripe, and will be more pleasing to look at.

Much Better !

20230122_185514.jpg

Nice looking side stripe:

20230122_191010.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know the paint code. I wonder if it's like the new Challenger color.
I think the stripes look good also. But on the passenger quarter, they didn't get it right. The stripes don't follow the body lines. Some places are good. Some , not so good. The 360 laps over the body line about ⅝ inch.

View attachment 1716038385

View attachment 1716038388
Looks to me it's the 2006 charger-challenger go mango.
Honestly I have no freaking idea what they were thinking calling that color go mango, since there is a go mango and it's not even close to burnt orange, which that color really resembles

Thanks. So close. Now just take the 360 off too.
lol, ya' didn't say that...........
........I realized the stripes are not installed to follow the body lines correctly. If it were mine, the stripes would have probably disappeared by now. But, they look pretty flashy so I'm just wondering how it would look without them.

Great looking car, I don't believe I would change a thing with the stripes. What's the paint code/color name on that?
KT5 Sienna Metallic.
I didn't like the stripes on mine, so I took them off.
Turns out, I really didn't like it without strips, so they went back on.

1duster.JPG

Either way looks good, but I prefer it without the stripes and 360 callout.
I never was a big fan of the stripes, but they do help it catch you're eyes. I wouldn't want to remove them without a back-up set in hand, just-in-case.
Thanks for the help guys, Carl

20230323_120004.jpg
Found this in the glove box. Looked it up online and got a bunch of Dodge Viper pics.

-
Back