Now what do I use to cover those holes?

The hole are on the left in the pic.

Thanks!

View attachment 1715033204 Hello.

I removed my front 2 bumperettes.

Now what do I use to cover those holes?

The hole are on the left in the pic.

Thanks!
If your talking about the square hole a chrome bumper bolt would take care of that. If your talking about the slot then you'd be involved in filling it in and rechroming the whole bumper

Bumper bolts. That is the information I needed. I didn't know what to ask for.
Pretty sure you could pop out one of your other bolts and see if it's the same size. Then you can take it with you to the auto parts store.
This forum is amazing!!

Thanks again guys!

Richard

If your talking about the square hole a chrome bumper bolt would take care of that. If your talking about the slot then you'd be involved in filling it in and rechroming the whole bumper
the slot is for the jack

Bumper bolts. That is the information I needed. I didn't know what to ask for.

This forum is amazing!!

Thanks again guys!

Richard

I like to replace them all, so they are all new, and match.
PS: Do not over tighten the bolts, just snug them up.
If you over torque them, they can dimple the bumper.

The other option is go to the hardware store (a real hardware store not Home Depot box store) and bring an old bumper bolt. As for the match in Stainless steel (it should be like a 3/8" -16 x 1-1/2" or 5/16 x 1-1/2" )
Take the head of the bolt and polish it with a wire wheel and then a good rubbing compound. if you are skilled at polishing- the stainless will polish up like chrome but never rusts. Use stainless hardware behind the scenes too and it will always come apart.( again it needs to be a good brand stainless steel as Home Depot or Lowes bolts are garbage for stainless) I have even ask the hardware store for a thin rubber type washer that fits snug over the bolt portion of the bolt but a tad bit smaller than the carriage bolt head. If you tighten too much the rubber starts to pop out and you can back off to not dimple the chrome bumper. The rubber keeps the head of the bumper bolt from touching the chrome and preventing rust and damage.

It has worked for me - just saying.
Good luck,
Joe

Ok. So one bumperette makes 2 holes in the bumper. The bottom hole uses a carage bolt to tighten. The top hole the carage bolt does not latch onto anything (after the bumperette removed I mean)

So, what is the best option to tighten the top bolt? Just use a socket and vice gripes to hold the bolt?

Thanks!

Become a FABO gold member and use your free bumper stickers!!!:lol:

So, what is the best option to tighten the top bolt? Just use a socket and vice gripes to hold the bolt?

No. If you look, the portion of the bolt under the head is square to match the hole you're filling. Hold it with your finger and tighten the nut.

How much is the gold? What are the advantages?
The advantages are :
1) the banner looks really cool under your name.
2) you are entitled to a free car wash every month at your local fueling station after a fill up and $12.00
3) discount on Girl Scout cookies year round if you buy 20 boxes or more.
4) No adds on your page.
5) you look more attractive- look at my avatar. LOL!
6) free bumper sticker- still waiting for mine.
7) discount tickets to the tea cups at Disney for February 31st every year.
8) to be determined.

-
Back