Removing clockspring type hood springs from inner fender/door

-

LaFlash

Reaction score
Is there any easier way to completely remove the hood springs from the attachment point ('68 A body ) between the door and fender other than completely removing the door or fender in order to get to them?The springs are disconnected from the 'glass hood,and now rattle like crazy! They really need to come out. Thanks for any suggestions.

If it's the same as my B'cuda, I'm thinking you can get to the hinge assembly by taking the splash panel off. Getting the speed nuts off to remove the assembly would be interesting. The spring is held in by peening over the post top it coils around. Maybe you could get at it with small cut-off wheel.
hoodhinge.jpg
Hoodspring.jpg

As seen in Dave69's photo, you've got to use a cutoff wheel to remove enough swage to slide the spring off the post. It doesn't take a lot.

If it's the same as my B'cuda, I'm thinking you can get to the hinge assembly by taking the splash panel off. Getting the speed nuts off to remove the assembly would be interesting. The spring is held in by peening over the post top it coils around. Maybe you could get at it with small cut-off wheel.
View attachment 1714978220 View attachment 1714978221
Yes,it's a '68 cuda. Splash panel looks like the 1st one to try
Thanks

-
Back