Removing console and Instrument panel?

-

Peter

barracudalover
Reaction score
Hi I am pulling out my interior. I've gotten the screws out of the console and it is totally loose but I'm not sure how to pull it off over the shifter? I removed the set screw on the shifter ball but its still attached with a spring. Also the actual button on the top isnt gonna come off with that and it doesnt look like the console will fit over that either?

Second any suggestions on removing the instrument panel cluster I have removed the obvious screws still very secure (ie. lighter removal etc...)
Thanks Pete

I got it in Dec me and the car are stuck in my tiny garage till it gets warm so I'm picking it apart. Focusing on the interior right now. I'll get some pics up soon as I can.

There are more screws for your dash panel underneath the windshield gasket ... yeah, it's a pain. Have patience Grasshopper. :-D

For the inst cluster, be careful and make sure you undo the harness' , Im pretty sure the main one that goes to the speedo etc has a screw in the back of it. The lighter socket unscrews from the back, you may have to hold the female socket somehow and spin the back side of it. It can be a b with an itch!! Some of the switch bezels require a special tool to remove them. Or beeeee very very careful with a small screwdriver......Oh no dont do that, I will post pics of the tool up in a bit. Cheap i got it off fleabay for about $10

Sorry bout the crappy pics, it has 4 tits on one end(mmmmmmm), and the other end has 2 flat spots for a wrench. I am pretty sure I got it from fleabay. do a search there...mopar bezel tool or sumpin like dat.

Attachments

• DSCF0008 (Medium).JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF0009 (Medium).JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 110
-
Back