removing duster floor

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
Hey guys getting ready to remove the whole floor out of a dart sport to place into my dads duster, the whole car has been stripped whats the best way to do this any tips and or tricks to getting it out with out damage?

I just did this a couple weeks ago basically I jacked the car up and set it perfectly level, get a good spot weld removal tool and air chisel and go to town, once all spot welds are removed and the floor is out you can clean up any bad areas with a good flap disc grinding disc check out my pics under "member restorations" "73 b3 340 duster pro touring build" theres pics there and I can send or post others I have. good luck

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 148
I just did this a couple weeks ago basically I jacked the car up and set it perfectly level, get a good spot weld removal tool and air chisel and go to town, once all spot welds are removed and the floor is out you can clean up any bad areas with a good flap disc grinding disc check out my pics under "member restorations" "73 b3 340 duster pro touring build" theres pics there and I can send or post others I have. good luck

What did you use to brace the car with?

What did you use to brace the car with?
door braces and jack stands under suspension mounting points,I consulted some body pro's and they were all in agreement that since its not a convertible the roof and rocker structures would be enough with the door braces and it worked out alright, I took measurements to be sure of this.

heres a couple pics of it supported on the stands nothing fancy but it didn't need to be.

Attachments

• DSC_0237.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC_0238.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 140
I see the door braces. Did you make them or buy them somewhere?
they came with my rotisserie but angle iron tack welded in the door area will work the same, if these weren't included in the deal thats the plan I was going to go with.

-
Back