Removing more then just the steering column

-

bengibbard13

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 1974 Plymouth Duster that I believe needs an Ignition switch replacement, I have gotten to this point (refer to picture) and am stuck. I have a Haynes Repair manual but it does not have the information thoroughly laid out as I need it.

I need to know how to get to the Ignition Switch and what I need to get past this point?

1st update: I removed the C ring but am still stuck because I know there is a certain sequence to this.

Attachments

• 1401677732236.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 221
Thanks, that third link really showed me a lot of information due to the fact that he has images of every single step of the process.

You are the greatest sir

All of those links helped a lot, I am still having quite a bit of trouble on the Roll Pin part. I looked at AbodyJoe's page and he does not describe how exactly he got the Roll Pin out. I have an assortment of Punch Tools but they don't seem to be doing the job when I try to punch it with a rubber mallet or steel hammer. I found that reading those PDF files you directed me toward showed me this diagram but I can't seem to find this tool anywhere!?

67, If you know where I can find one that would be much appreciated since I tried Ebay, Rockauto, Autozone all with no luck. My Roll Pin seems to be stuck in there and this device seems like it would work really well in applying force similar to the Steering Wheel remover tool

Attachments

• Roll pin tool.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 169
Sorry it's been YEARS since I've done this in a locking column car. There were a couple of other threads relating to this, do a search

i had no luck finding that tool also.i did one of those today and you wont move it with a rubber mallet.get someone to hold the shaft and with the right punch it will come out.good luck with it.

-
Back