removing spray bomb overspray???

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
well the idiot that i am i did some spray painting near the scamp and got slight overspray on my nice new paintjob...ARGH! anyways, i didnt notice it until it dried, and it is black paint so you can see it on the green paint...they are just small dots, but i need a way to get em off without hurting the clear...i tried a little varsol and some scrubbing to no avail...anyone have any remedies that they think would work? i was thinking maybe, just maybe, a clay bar might work, although i think im beyond that point now

Been there -done that. You should be good to go with the clay bar. It worked well taking the black overspray off of my white car. Why it it always black

Try the clay bar it works well. I usually use a little water to mist on it and keep it wet. Or might try Acrysol usually works well for me to . Matt

try the clay bar fist, Then compound. If its fresh paint remember not to use a product that has wax in it.

hey guys thanks for all the replies! i will try the clay bar then...the paint is fresh as in its nice and new, but it has been painted since april of this year so its definatly settled...if the clay bar doesnt work what compound should i try? and how do i use compound? just rub on and wipe off?

Have had good luck on overspray with meguiar's paint cleaner. Just rub on with applicator pad & buff off with microfiber towel or low rpm buffer.

Oldschoolcuda

clay bar it is then! if that doesnt work ill try the meguirs stuff...thanks guys!

I had overspray on my hood from the painter working on the engine compartment. Claybar took it off, except for one small area, used compound on it.

hey guys, forgot to ask, am i going to need to polish it after? and if i do,can use my hand and a clean microfiber cloth, or do i need a buffing wheel?

You will want to wax it afterward. The clay bar will remove the wax. By hand will be fine.

You will want to wax it afterward. The clay bar will remove the wax. By hand will be fine.

the car has not been waxed yet...so will i be removing straight paint then? and i thought the wax was to seal it and the polish was to get out any swirls or scratches left by the clay bar (not sure if there is gonna be any)

The clay bar shouldn't really leave any swirls. Keep it well lubed and it should lift the over spray off. Those clay bars are really pretty cool. Take your daily driver, wash it and then run your hand over it. Then clay bar a small spot and fell it again. There is a world of difference.

cool! just wanted to be clear on everything before i take anything to my brand new paint job

well i tried it out and sure enough it is working, but only on some of the overspray...gotta really work at it, but i think it will work...if not ill have to wetsand it, but im not gonna give up on it yet...gonna wait till spring to finish it though, because my finger tips were turning to ice yesterday doing it lol

thanks for all the help on this guys! it was appreciated!

some non-clorinated brake parts cleaner will take it off. it will take any wax off to but there is a chance it will hurt the clear or paint. if you spray it on the rag then rub it should be safe tho. i would try that before wet sanding personaly

some non-clorinated brake parts cleaner will take it off. it will take any wax off to but there is a chance it will hurt the clear or paint. if you spray it on the rag then rub it should be safe tho. i would try that before wet sanding personaly

in my experience with brake cleaner, it is someting i would NEVER use to clean paint LOL...remove it though is a different story:toothy10:

Keep it at. It'll come off. I've also had good luck with Race Glaze on a foam buffing pad.

-
Back