removing the dash pad.

-

dustdevil

Reaction score
ok guys i know there are two bolts and some screw if im not mistaken under the dash pad..but it seems all most impossible to get to them, i removed the cluster gauge and droppd the column, do i have to remove anything else? plz help

the glovebox will need to come out. Theres a sheet metal screw on each turned down end (5/16 hex heads) and a series of nuts (7/16 hex) on threaded studs across the top. 4 or 5 of those.

me being a big guy i had to remove the front seats for more room. i just used my finger tips to unscrew the dash pad off. lol! i didnt have to use any tools at all. im guessing thats bad and good. my forearms are all tore up, anywhoo pads out but i lost a couple of those speed nuts in the process.

where can i find some more of those speed nutz i lost a couple of them while taken the dash pad out or could i use something else?

I prefer finding the dropped ones myself. They may fall out eventually though.
If you only need 2, rob them from the truck trim for now. If the missing dont show up and hardware stores or Lowes dont have them , I'll mail you a couple.

a few dropped inside the dash frame
The frame has a small channel for reinforce along the bottom inside edge of it. Dropped stuff usually lands just behind that channel or in it.
Bump it from the bottom up either side of the ashtray and hear them rattle.
Might even jump out :)

'PAL" nuts 10-24 ? 10-32 ? Not sure without climbing a ladder to chrck one here.

This is what you are looking for on the backside of the pad. Those in the corners are something like 1/4" or 5/16" hex-head sheet metal screws. The others that run along the front edge are speed nuts and you can get replacements at LOWE'S.

Jerry

2029101388_dbefe7cd3d.jpg

2029100924_22de1d9b5a_o.jpg

-
Back