Removing the dashboard switches - dart 65

-

Dart 65 /6 170

Reaction score
i am currently trying to remove the dashboard from my dart 65 but i can seem to get the switches out, wipers and ligth switches

The wiper knob is held in place by a set screw. If you rotate the knob you should see it. To remove the headlight knob reach under the dash and find the switch. There is a button on the opposite side as the wiring plug. Depress the button which will release the knob along with the built-in shaft. You will then see on the front this fastener with evenly spaced little tangs. There is a tool that’s sold on eVay to remove this faster et. Or use a small screwdriver and carefully tap it to remove both the light and wiper switch. Good luck and welcome to FABO!

The wiper knob is held in place by a set screw. If you rotate the knob you should see it. To remove the headlight knob reach under the dash and find the switch. There is a button on the opposite side as the wiring plug. Depress the button which will release the knob along with the built-in shaft. You will then see on the front this fastener with evenly spaced little tangs. There is a tool that’s sold on eVay to remove this faster et. Or use a small screwdriver and carefully tap it to remove both the light and wiper switch. Good luck and welcome to FABO!

Pull the headlight stem full on before pressing stem release button. Tapered end of stem should guide it past the latch so no need to push button when reinserting.

-
Back