removing undercoating

-
you guys have waaayy more patients then me.. Ive tried some of those ideas, and lost interest fast. I used a professional sand blast/glass bead guy. Glass is what he used. best $500 spent. I know not everyone wants to or can afford to go that road, but I just have zero patients for that. I do give you guys credit !

Propane torch and a scraper. Heat it till it softens and it rolls off like butter. No, fuss no muss.

Propane torch and scraper....comes off like butter.

It's been said three or four times.

I did two cars from front to back this way including the wheel wells.

This is the easiest way Ive found to get a super clean finish.

Dress appropriately gloves long sleeves and eye protection.

Attachments

• 100_4482w.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 147
Propane torch and scraper....comes off like butter.

It's been said three or four times.

I did two cars from front to back this way including the wheel wells.

This is the easiest way Ive found to get a super clean finish.

Dress appropriately gloves long sleeves and eye protection.

Exactly. It's not the funnest job, but it saves yourself 4 or 5 hundred bucks on blasting and I was in no position to get my car on a rotisserie.

No not fun at all....but way easier than the scaler, scraper, heat gun, sander, blasting method.

Forgot to add that you should have a fire extinguisher or bucket of water handy just in case things get dicey. :eek:ops:

I had a tiny little bon fire going on behind my back that I was unaware of until I sat in the goo.....talk about hot seat. OUCH:wack:

5 weeks,a day here a morning there...done!
glad that part is over!

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 145
  • 018.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 019.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 130
tx guys.
scraping was mostly dry and it was hard,but i did use a torch on some areas.
all was sanded with 220 and then sprayed with standard primer,followed by satin clearcoat.

HI ,I used propane torch and scraper. then 50/50 mix of diesel fuel and gas in spray bottle to clean whats left [no heat with gas mix] I have done three cars this way thanks

Yea I did mine got the same shrapnel but it was well worth it. Took me a while then I Linexed the bottom. Looks tits and strong as hell.

There you go....it's 99% hard work but 100% worth the effort.

I would eat a steak off that underside. :D

Mop

-
Back