removing vent window 1965 barracuda

-

Ooh barracuda

Reaction score
any tips on removing the vent window on a 1965 barracuda? I am want to rechrome the channel ......does it just pull uot? or?
????

The vent window and bracket pull out in one piece.
I had mine out a while back for painting, I had to pull out the door glass channels and then take out the main window. I think there is 6 bolts which hold the vent window in. 2 are hidden behind the door emblem, two are in front edge of the door facing the backwards, and there are 2 down lower. One of the lower ones is set up so you can adjust the angle the vent window sits at ( so you get a good seal on the car body).

Once you start taking it apart, that should make some sense.

I'll see if I have some pics for you.

Picture

Attachments

• 10-02-2012-1 vent window parts.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 268
Here is a pic.
Blue arrows are the bolts hidden by the door emblem.
Orange arrows are the bolts that are on the front edge of the door.
Red arrow is the adjuster nut and bolt.
Yellow arrow is the 'L' braket bolted on, the bracket must be removed to get window out

Attachments

• vent window1es.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 286
sorry amx364, took me so long to get my picture done you had your picture up already....:rock:

OK I am confused a little.....All I want to do is change the small chrome pivot peice that holds in only the vent window on the bottom...... I have a new one and thought the pivot peice would just pull out.. ???????

The pivot piece is held in by a pin that can be removed to release the vent, if memory serves correct.

Are you talking about the vent window latch? And it is attached to the bottom chrome piece that holds the window in place.
Yea if memory serves me right the vent window assembly must come out, but maybe someone has done it with the vent window assembly in place.

No, only after removing frame from door. If it has been apart in recent memory, then MIGHT be able to remove pin while installed.

There is a philips screw that pinches the pivot pin to provide resistance to the window so it stays where you adjust it. You can see it in the above picture of the assembled vent assembly. You may be able to loosen this screw and pull up on the vent window glass.

-
Back